PDA

View Full Version : Aura not seeing TGA 32 or TIF 32

3dfanatic
10-24-2003, 10:18 AM
Hi everyone, does anybody no of a solve to fix aura seeing 32 bit TIF's or TGA's. I am using Aura VT and for some reason only see's Jpegs and BMP but the bmp change color from the original. I want to use tga's if possible so that I can use the alpha channel with it.
Thanks for any help

Paul Lara
10-24-2003, 11:30 AM
Aura won't load a TIFF 6.0 file, but I don't know why Aura VT is not seeing the tga file for you; I just created a CG page, saved it as a .tga and it loaded just fine into Aura VT.

Targa comes in many flavors; make sure you're saving as uncompressed. If you need compression, try PNG. It supports alpha while compressing file sizes.

3dfanatic
10-24-2003, 03:14 PM
Thanks for the comments. I forgot to mention that I am using Lightwave to make the 32 bit targa's. I see it fine in Photoshop but for some reason it isn't showing up at all in Aura VT. I will take your suggestion on trying the PNG format hopefully that will work. Thanks again.

bradl
10-25-2003, 05:23 PM
I just did a 300 frame logo animation in LW and saved as TGA's. I brought them into Mirage (and Aura) just fine with Alpha in tack. I like to use RTV right out of Lightwave, but many times (in fact most times) it doesn't work right. It will render away all the frames but when I go to use it, there will only be part of the animation there in the RTV. Like this 300 frame one, only gave me about 60 frames. This has happened on several machines and several updates and several OS installs so I guess it is a problem in the LW code or RTV codec.

As far as the TGA's, make sure you enable Alpha support in the TGA codec dialog in the Render Options panel. Additionally, in Mirage (not sure about Aura) you also must enable alpha when loading the frames or at least set it to 'guess' alpha support.