PDA

View Full Version : Local work referrals

DrStrik9
05-15-2012, 01:05 PM
I have a good client who needs to find competent 3D pros in the Portland/Seattle area to do photo-realistic renders of pre-release products from supplied CAD files. I'm too busy to take this on right now, so I'm looking for good people who I can refer with a reasonable degree of confidence. -- I'm not doing the hiring; just the referrals. -- If you're physically located in this area and can do this kind of work well (with great samples), please send me a private message.

Thanks! :)

Philbert
05-15-2012, 02:38 PM
I'd love to help out, I could certainly use the work. Unfortunately I'm not in Portland. You could always pass on my site, philnolan3d.com, if you like though.

DrStrik9
05-16-2012, 10:17 AM
Thanks, Phil. I guess San Francisco is sorta on the outskirts of the Seattle/Portland area. :)

I'm amazed that there seems to be only one LW freelancer in Seattle, one in Portland, and one in San Francisco (that frequent this forum). No users groups here either.

So I'll need to widen my search, and be willing to refer LW freelancers from say, the US West Coast.

Philbert
05-16-2012, 10:24 AM
Unfortunately I'm not even on the west coast. :(

DrStrik9
05-16-2012, 11:15 AM
Phil-a-delphia perhaps? :D Your area code is SF area, sorry for the mistake.

Philbert
05-16-2012, 11:17 AM
Yup, "Philly, PA" like it says on my posts here. 818 is actually San Fernando Valley. It's a Google Voice number

ericsmith
05-16-2012, 01:47 PM
I sent you a PM...

Eric

biliousfrog
05-17-2012, 10:01 AM
I'm amazed that there seems to be only one LW freelancer in Seattle, one in Portland, and one in San Francisco (that frequent this forum). No users groups here either.

I'm not, I work with a few LW'ers in various states of the US as well as Europe and UK, Lightwave artists are very few and far between and the good ones are like hen's teeth....by good ones I mean the ones that can deliver something that looks good on time rather than something amazingly intricate several weeks too late.

zapper1998
05-17-2012, 10:31 AM
Me Sent U PM

:)

DrStrik9
05-17-2012, 11:02 AM
Me Sent U PM

:)

Thanks for your PM. I tried to send you one back, but you have that feature (receiving private messages) turned off. :) Let's talk privately.

DrStrik9
05-17-2012, 11:07 AM
I'm not, I work with a few LW'ers in various states of the US as well as Europe and UK, Lightwave artists are very few and far between and the good ones are like hen's teeth....by good ones I mean the ones that can deliver something that looks good on time rather than something amazingly intricate several weeks too late.

Good point. Skill set and professionalism don't always meet. The requirement for locals is my client's preference, not mine. And as you point out, maybe it's a bit unrealistic.