PDA

View Full Version : Apple AirPlay Mirroring Wanted on Tricaster

davedude
05-15-2012, 09:22 AM
It was mentioned on this forum that the reason that Apple AirPlay Mirroring could not be implemented on the Tricaster is because Apple encrypts the data and that can only be decrypted and displayed on an Apple TV device.

I found a product called "AirServer" that gets around that issue and I tested it and it works.

http://www.airserverapp.com/

That will let you mirror your iPad2, iPad3, and iPhone 4S desktop to a Mac or a PC.

This is proof that there could be hope that the developers of the Tricaster can implement AirPlay mirroring in the future.

This will be great for demoing Apple IOS devices desktop directly on the "NET" inputs on the tricaster.

kanep
05-15-2012, 10:50 AM
Looks like you could use this tool to AirPlay Mirroring to your PC/Mac, then use iVGA to get that over to a TriCaster NET input. I know you are looking for a direct from iPad to TriCaster, but at least this would get this working today.

SBowie
05-15-2012, 11:25 AM
Just to mention one limitation, were this ever to happen - my understanding is that mirroring is video only - no audio ... not that it wouldn't still be useful, but not as much so as direct AirPlay support in an app.