PDA

View Full Version : Bullet Query

daz1761
05-14-2012, 01:30 PM
I was wondering if you can bake all bullet items just like you can with all the other dynamics by saving a .pfx file. Its just Ive noticed as ive been playing around with my scene, little things keep changing with my objects and I have to play with the bullet parameters to get it right again.

Thanks

joelaff
05-14-2012, 02:35 PM
Use BDD_Scan from DP_MD here:

http://dpont.pagesperso-orange.fr/plugins/MDD_Pointer.html

DrStrik9
05-14-2012, 02:36 PM
Try Export : MD Multi Baker to export the Bullet data as an MDD file (for each object using Bullet).

Turn off dynamics, then in Object : Deform, add "MD Pointer" and point it to the corresponding MDD file you exported.

daz1761
05-14-2012, 03:15 PM
Cheers guys, how do I install the plugin?

Thanks

Kevbarnes
05-14-2012, 03:16 PM
I was wondering if you can bake all bullet items

once the dynamics have been calculated using Bullet, add clothFX to to the object, goto 'file' and select scan motion. save out the mdd file.

Once the scan has been saved, delete ClothFX from object, disable Bullet Dynamics, go to Deform Tab and add 'MD_Reader' load the mdd file.

and play.

Regards Kev

daz1761
05-14-2012, 03:37 PM
Try Export : MD Multi Baker to export the Bullet data as an MDD file (for each object using Bullet).

Turn off dynamics, then in Object : Deform, add "MD Pointer" and point it to the corresponding MDD file you exported.

Sorry guys about the install stuff, yes the above method worked fine. I noticed it wouldn't export objects that were just static but that makes sense, plus it was being a bit funny about the folder I wanted to save the .mdd files in as it kept trying to refer to somewhere that didn't exist. I'm still very confused on how you incorporate the legacy stuff now I've baked the bullet stuff this way?

Another query now ive discovered this would be, if I baked everything would I be able to give my object anc scene files to somebody who was still on LW10 without there being any problems?

Thanks

Kevbarnes
05-14-2012, 05:04 PM
plus it was being a bit funny about the folder I wanted to save the .mdd files in as it kept trying to refer to somewhere that didn't exist.

You can save to any folder. I tend to make an additinal folder in a dedicated directory for a specific scene or project. ie I prefix LW_ProjectName Then add folders 'Objects'; 'Scenes'; 'Images'; etc I add a Folder 'Mdd'; or 'Dynamics' to hold any clothFx, softFX or HardBody simulations including now Bullet sims.

Another query now ive discovered this would be, if I baked everything would I be able to give my object anc scene files to somebody who was still on LW10 without there being any problems?

LW10 won't be able to generate Bullet sims but will read Mdd files as long as they are saved and included in the directory. Save a scene file from 11 or 11.1 as a LW 9.5 option in the 'save-as' dialogue, or open the 11 scene in 10.1 and re-save.

just disable the bullet dynamics as before and load a separate mdd file for each simulated dynamic object, then save the scene file.

daz1761
05-15-2012, 03:59 AM
Thats great news about 10.1, etc reading them bullet .mdd files as I can give it to my tutor without him having any problems marking my work :) Yes, I have a similar structure too, dynamics, objects, scenes, etc. Its just every time I went: export > mdd, etc It just kept taking me back to an unknown folder, which meant I had to keep back tracking to my dynamics folder to save my bullet .mdd files. Oh well, I'm sure its not the end of the world.

The thing is Im still trying to figure out how to apply softFX to an object that has an MD reader from bullet applied to it, and how one of these objects can interact with another object that has clothFX applied for example.

This is what happens when I add softFX to an object that has a MD reader on it already from bullet, it works but it disregards the static object that was part of the original bullet calculation.

Thanks

joelaff
05-15-2012, 09:12 AM
I think you would need to apply an old school Collision to the object, as softfx is not going to honor Bullet collision objects.