PDA

View Full Version : Hiding Layer

Stephen0523
05-14-2012, 06:24 AM
Hi all. For some reason when I uncheck the eye in the layers panel my object still shows up in Layout.
Any Ideas on how I can hide an object?

Regards
Stephen

SteveH
05-14-2012, 06:30 AM
It could be a few things.
If it's still selected as the current object - it will still be visible.
Also you need to set it to hidden or bounding box to not see it in your scene (in the box below the eye symbol) - and unchecking the box to the left of that means it won't render. Hope one of those helps.:)

Stephen0523
05-14-2012, 06:38 AM
Hmmm, it is still showing up. Attached is a screen grab of my Layers Panel. It is the base I am trying to hide.

SteveH
05-14-2012, 06:42 AM
I don't remember (I'm old) what F and B are in your version of LW. What does unchecking "F" do?

You could always replace base with a null - and switch them back if you need to.

Stephen0523
05-14-2012, 07:01 AM
I think Front Back. I am unable to uncheck as the top level is checked.

Stephen0523
05-14-2012, 07:07 AM
Well, very strange, I quite the program and relaunched and now my layer is not visible as I need!

Amurrell
05-17-2012, 09:57 AM
F and B= Foreground and Background

dwburman
05-17-2012, 10:03 AM
Unchecking the eyeball probably prevents Layout from loading the layer rather than hiding it. It probably doesn't remove it from the scene if it's already in Layout. Of course, when you restart Layout it won't be able to reload that layer since it is disabled.

jeric_synergy
05-17-2012, 10:25 AM
Hi all. For some reason when I uncheck the eye in the layers panel my object still shows up in Layout.
Any Ideas on how I can hide an object?

Regards
Stephen
As Dana said, "Eyeball" will not affect a layer already loaded into layout within a session. IOW, it's not updated dynamically.

Apparently if you then close layout, and then SAVE the object from LWM, since the layer has been disabled, now it won't show up.

Is it actually not there at all, or is it just INACTIVE or Hidden? If it's there but Inactive, click in the "A" column (may be different in your version) of the Scene Editor.