PDA

View Full Version : Can I turn off double clicking in the Graph Editor?

GuanoLad
05-13-2012, 06:09 PM
Whose stupid idea was it to have double-clicking in the Graph Editor deselect the keys?

It used to be you had to click in the margin, but they've removed the margin so you can't do that anymore, so they've changed it to double-clicking. Except it's too easy to left-click twice in succession and deselect your keys, so you end up moving the entire curve instead of just the keys.

Anyway, my question is, can I turn that double-click feature off?

Matt
05-13-2012, 10:07 PM
Must have been there for some time, because I never changed that behavior.

greg.reyna
05-13-2012, 11:31 PM
Right-clicking within the curve area will deselect keys too, trouble is, if there's an active field in the GE, no hot key will work In that case it takes two clicks, lt-clk on the interface, and rt-clk in the curve area.

GuanoLad
05-15-2012, 11:32 PM
Hmm. Are you saying there's always been double-clicking to deselect? Huh. Then I wonder why it's only recently (version 11) starting to annoy me.

erikals
05-16-2012, 03:56 AM
well, it's double-click in 9.6...

jeric_synergy
05-16-2012, 08:32 AM
I saw this and was quite surprised, but then realized: I never deselect in GE.

Since the point of GE is to work with keys, I've always got one key selected anyway. Deselecting for me is just a by-product of Selecting. ::shrug:: Different workflow.

Doesn't one-click RMB work anyway?

GuanoLad
05-16-2012, 10:51 PM
Yes, one-click RMB does work. I have defaulted to that now that the clicking in the margin (the method mentioned in the manual) isn't possible anymore.

My problem was that double-clicking is so easy to do without realising it, so easily causing chaos, especially as there's only one undo in the Graph Editor. I think I have to blame my tablet sensitivity.