PDA

View Full Version : Image World - Image Not Visible

rcallicotte
05-13-2012, 04:58 PM
Is there a way to add the lighting via Image World and not let the image be visible to enable just the lighting only from the sphere I import?

Rove
05-13-2012, 05:09 PM
Yes you can load any background image and use that while retaining the color information from the Image World image for the lighting, reflection. Check out the sample image.

I used a black image (1 pixel by 1 pixel) as a background image and another colorfull HDRI image for the Image World environment which in turn affects the lighting and reflections.

rcallicotte
05-13-2012, 05:11 PM
Okay. I loaded the Image World file, but get the image itself in the render. I see no way in Image World's properties to enable or disable the actual image visibility. How would this be done?

Rove
05-13-2012, 05:35 PM
You have to set the background image on the Compositing tab. Hit Ctrl-F7 to go straight to the compositing tab and setup your Background Image.

rcallicotte
05-13-2012, 09:06 PM
Thank you. I didn't realize the background image would take precedence over the Image World image. Cool.

GraphXs
05-14-2012, 06:14 AM
You don't have to have a black pixel in the bkgrnd during final render. You can just select unpremultipled on the output render save out.

rcallicotte
05-14-2012, 09:26 AM
I'll try this, too. Thanks.

You don't have to have a black pixel in the bkgrnd during final render. You can just select unpremultipled on the output render save out.

BeeVee
05-14-2012, 03:38 PM
And if you are using a background image, make it red (255, 0, 0). That way you can have one background image and change its Hue, Saturation and Value in the Image Editor to have any colour you like instead of having a bunch in different colours.

B

rcallicotte
05-15-2012, 08:31 AM
I'm not sure what you mean. I mean I understand it, but don't grasp the significance or the reason I might want to do this. Would you care to give a simple example or explain a little differently? Why the color red? And how could Image Editor make a difference, unless this is some fun trickery unveiled. :bday:

And if you are using a background image, make it red (255, 0, 0). That way you can have one background image and change its Hue, Saturation and Value in the Image Editor to have any colour you like instead of having a bunch in different colours.

B

BeeVee
05-15-2012, 02:25 PM
It doesn't really have to be Red, it could be Blue or Green. The way it works is that in the Image Editor you have a second tab labelled Editing where you can change the Hue, Saturation, Brightness, Contrast or Gamma of an image. If we take our red image and decide we want an all-white backdrop? Easy, just reduce the Saturation component all the way. Black? Drop that Brightness bar. A kind of turquoisey-bluey kinda colour? Mess with your Hue and Saturation. If you just make a black image, that's all it can ever be, same for white and you'd still need to make that turquoisey one. With the red swatch you can do them all.

B

shrox
05-15-2012, 02:29 PM
It doesn't really have to be Red, it could be Blue or Green. The way it works is that in the Image Editor you have a second tab labelled Editing where you can change the Hue, Saturation, Brightness, Contrast or Gamma of an image. If we take our red image and decide we want an all-white backdrop? Easy, just reduce the Saturation component all the way. Black? Drop that Brightness bar. A kind of turquoisey-bluey kinda colour? Mess with your Hue and Saturation. If you just make a black image, that's all it can ever be, same for white and you'd still need to make that turquoisey one. With the red swatch you can do them all.

B

Neat, I've been messing with those controls, they are probably one of the more under-utilized tools in Lightwave.

BeeVee
05-15-2012, 02:33 PM
Yeah, I don't know why more people don't use the "fantastic render" button either... ;)

B

shrox
05-15-2012, 02:52 PM
Yeah, I don't know why more people don't use the "fantastic render" button either... ;)

B

Probably because they don't realize it's under the "make pretty spaceship" menu.

rcallicotte
05-16-2012, 08:09 AM
Thanks. I had no idea I could do these things in Lightwave. Great to know!

:lightwave

B