PDA

View Full Version : Wool/Textile texture approach

HolyMonkey-
05-12-2012, 10:20 AM
How would you guys approach creating a detailed bed like this?

Ive tried reproducing a similar result with normalmap on a cloth falling ontop of a bed shape but it ended up looking pretty flat nonetheless and the garnet ontop of the I dont have any clue on how to ven approach.

Seems you need to do this with geomtry, I also tried adding a displacement ontop but my cloth just popped out of place for some reason as soon as I wrote any value into the bump parameter.

http://forums.newtek.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=104259&stc=1&d=1336839295

HolyMonkey-
05-12-2012, 10:53 AM
Ive made an attempt where i added displacement.

#1 If I add it through the T slot on deform it displacemes but I have no controll over the power.

#2 If I disable the T slot and try to add it through the nodal nothing happens, its set up in the exact same way. The setup you can see is taken from the "Edit nodes". If the T is ticked off, the bed goes back to normal completely unaffected.

Usually when I add a black and white toned image to the nodal setup I have the power to decrease and increase the strenght by configuring the distance but it doesnt do anything and my scene is scaled realisticly also.

http://forums.newtek.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=104260&stc=1&d=1336841462

SplineGod
05-12-2012, 05:07 PM
Another option is to do the displacment as an endomorph. You can use the airbrush tool in modeler to do a basic displacement painting as a morph. The nice thing is that if you lay the cloth down using clothfx you have no final control over how it wrinkles, however once you md scan the cloth you can play back the mdd file and still add the morph on top.
Another option would be to apply weight maps to it and use that to pin down parts that you dont want displaced.

HolyMonkey-
05-13-2012, 02:24 AM
Another option is to do the displacment as an endomorph. You can use the airbrush tool in modeler to do a basic displacement painting as a morph. The nice thing is that if you lay the cloth down using clothfx you have no final control over how it wrinkles, however once you md scan the cloth you can play back the mdd file and still add the morph on top.
Another option would be to apply weight maps to it and use that to pin down parts that you dont want displaced.

Creating the cloth itself I use an amazing program called Clo3D, so all I have to work with is already a finished mesh. I just cant figure out as to why it wont let me controll the strenght of my displacement map.

I am not familiar with endomorph perhaps I should check that out.