PDA

View Full Version : Poser Pro 2012 and LW 11

Sekhar
05-12-2012, 08:23 AM
Does anyone have Poser Pro 2012 Fusion working in LW 11? I installed Poser Pro 2012 and it works fine; but I'm having a devil of a time getting the Fusion plugin to work. Every time I try to open a Poser scene in Layout, I get the dialog asking for name and serial number, but once I enter those I get the "Plug-in PoserSceneConverter will not operate in this application" and then "Unknown scene file format." I've been working with their support, but they aren't able to resolve this...yet.

nomad108
05-12-2012, 09:27 AM
Posted elsewhere by Bart

1. Before installing the plugin, temporarily rename the lightwave "bin" folder to "programs"
2. Temporarily rename "Layout.exe" to "Lightwav.exe" (Remember to miss the "e" off)
3. Install the plugin and point it to your Lightwave 10 folder
4. Rename "Programs" Back to "bin" and "Lightwav.exe" back to "Layout.exe"
5. Add the plugin as you normally would to lightwave

Worked for me.

Sekhar
05-12-2012, 09:52 AM
Posted elsewhere by Bart
Worked for me.

Did you try this on LW 10 or LW 11? I saw this on another thread and did try it, but it didn't work.

I think this renaming stuff was necessary before the plugin was aware of the changes in the directory and file naming, but the newer plugin versions are aware of it and correctly install in the bin directory. SmithMicro support guy also confirmed this (that the plugin now handles the new LW 11 structure).

Sekhar
05-12-2012, 10:00 AM
OK, turned out I was entering the serial number from the PoserFusion download page (called "Upgrade Serial"), but I needed to enter the number from the Poser Pro download page (called "Serial"). Basically, no problem with the plugin itself, looks like.

Ma3rk
05-12-2012, 11:11 AM
There's supposed to be an update to the Fusion plug-in but don't know when that's coming.

A known issue is that the imported Poser scene doesn't respect Lightwave's motion Blur settings correctly. With the setting at 100% the imported geometry blurs, but at a different amount than native LW objects. At anything below 100%, the Poser geometry won't blur at all. Just a heads up.

M.

Bill Carey
05-12-2012, 01:23 PM
I don't know if that issue is fixed, but the SP2 version went live about a week ago.

nomad108
05-12-2012, 07:28 PM
I don't know if that issue is fixed, but the SP2 version went live about a week ago.

Thanks for the heads up. I didn't know it was released.

FWIW, I just installed it for LW 11.0.1 and didn't have to jump through any hoops to make it work other than telling it where my LW install was located. I think the issue is fixed.

Digital Hermit
06-06-2012, 06:50 PM
Ok, I have uploaded the latest Poser 2012 SP2, the latest Poser Fusion Plug-in and the latest version of Lightwave 11.01

I get as far as "would you like triangles or regular geometry" and then LW crashes! :cursin:

Anyone else having that prob?

Thanks!

nomad108
06-07-2012, 05:38 AM
No problem here. 32 bit Windows PC, both XP and Win 7 work fine.

Digital Hermit
06-07-2012, 03:05 PM
I am PC 64bit - win 7

Did you email or call tech support - I can't find their phone # if you called.

Thanks

dickbill
06-15-2012, 07:37 AM
4 questions:

1)With Poser pro, can you create new cloths with new textures from scratch for a model?
2)Can you then pose the model with these cloths?
3)Can you sculpt a new face and body from a model, using 'morphs'?
4) I understand that fusion is a plugin that is used to export to LW. How comes the model in LW, can you have a nice and clean geometry like quads following the topology ?

thanks
(I am thinking of getting ZBrush, but if Poser has some sculpting capabilities and export clean meshes, I might consider it.)

dickbill
06-15-2012, 01:56 PM
I searched the threads for poser and zbrush and found tons of discussions. It seems that poserpro+fusion is extremely efficient and faster than the zbrush+goz option to export an animated human, which has to be sculpted first in zbrush, so i might go there...but i like sculpting so.... Hard to choose.

tlapier
03-09-2013, 09:46 AM
I have used Poserfusion to open a poser scene. Two problems. One, any character I important into Lightwave from poser can be seen on the screen and through the camera but when I go to render a screen, Poser objects do not show up. Also, hair, i.e., Alison hair, does not come a long with the scene. Any thoughts?

tlapier
03-09-2013, 10:04 AM
I have used Poserfusion to open a poser scene. Two problems. One, any character I important into Lightwave from poser can be seen on the screen and through the camera but when I go to render a screen, Poser objects do not show up. Also, hair, i.e., Alison hair, does not come a long with the scene. Any thoughts?

OK, I just found out the Poserfusion creates a sub folder where the scene is stored and the and object file is there. the object seems to load and be render fine. BTW, if I load the Ppz3 file in lightwave, it still does not render. I'm obviously new to this so any clarification of my observations will be greatly appreciated.