PDA

View Full Version : Teddy Bear

smcclurg
03-03-2003, 08:15 AM
This was my first real project with LightWave, so I've a long way to go before I can create images on a par with what I've seen in this forum.

I created this as a birthday present for my niece. Most of my work is a bit more serious, but this was a fun departure.

Everything here is LightWave, except the strings from the central knot to the balloons. Ran out of time, so I did those in Illustrator/Photoshop.

Max Wolf
03-03-2003, 09:24 AM
what did you use to do the rest of the string?

Schwing
03-03-2003, 04:10 PM
Love the teddy. I was wondering why you chose not to make the strings taunt? The string aroung the bear's paw looks loose. There should be some minor deformation. Looks strange. Unless they're in a down draft.:)

smcclurg
03-04-2003, 06:09 AM
The strings are loose just because of wind and to add a little motion to the image. A little whimsy.

The strings were done in Illustrator as paths, then imported into photoshop as pixels. I duplicated the layer, offset it, darkened it, and played with the transparency - especially behind the blue balloon. Took about an hour.

Modeling the strings so they met at the exact points and didn't intersect other objects (the balloons), and were visible in the existing lighting might have taken days - and I had a deadline.