PDA

View Full Version : Colored Edges

Richard Hebert
05-11-2012, 10:58 AM
Can someone tell me what the different colors represent on these edges? I've seen this on models that I've constructed and can't remember the reason for it. This model is from LW 11 content folder. Sorry for the trivial inquiry.

Richard

Skonk
05-11-2012, 11:02 AM
It probably doesn't mean anything really.

It looks like the object was first created with sketch colour set to Dark Blue, later the "New object" sketch colour was changed to black and then half of the object was deleted and then mirrored, so the new mirrored geometry took on the black sketch colour.

probiner
05-11-2012, 11:54 AM
Press 'd' for display options and check what's under Default Sketch Color (this one will be applied to every new geometry).
To change geometry you already have go to Detail>Polygons>Sketch Color.

Cheers

Richard Hebert
05-11-2012, 11:56 AM
Thanks, I remember changing the sketch color once (years ago) but I haven't messed with it since. I wished my brain came with a manual... then I could just look up all the things I've learned sorted by topic...

Richard

jeric_synergy
05-11-2012, 12:04 PM
Of course, Sketch Color can be used to your advantage in organizing your meshes.

For one thing, polys can be SELECTED by Sketch Color. So you can use that in addition to Parts.

probiner
05-11-2012, 12:13 PM
Check the "Sketch" Viewport Mode :D

Richard Hebert
05-11-2012, 07:03 PM
Thanks guys, I did not know this. Too much to know so little life left to know it...

Richard

speismonqui
05-11-2012, 07:27 PM
Thanks, I remember changing the sketch color once (years ago) but I haven't messed with it since. I wished my brain came with a manual... then I could just look up all the things I've learned sorted by topic...

Richard

That would be an awesome signature. :thumbsup: