PDA

View Full Version : 450/850 Extreme Slow-Down

adebats
05-09-2012, 04:05 PM
I have found something common with both Tricasters which is a worry.

If I copy some media files To/from the extreme's to my laptop then it seems to have an effect on the machine for a period afterwards whereby the machine becomes very slow (even though I am not copying files anymore).

I was live at the weekend and ended up having to reboot as the machine become very unresponsive.

adebats
05-24-2012, 10:02 AM
Is that really true - no one has this ? We all obviously know we cannot do it during a show but doing it during a break seemed to have an effect afterwards. OK, it's in the forum for someone to find in 3 years time and bring it back to life.

Red Dog Records
05-24-2012, 10:17 AM
Our XD300 became very slow, but that happened when we upgraded the software. It was fixed fairly quickly with a new software release. Did you by any chance update your machines recently?

Andrew

joseburgos
05-24-2012, 12:45 PM
How are you copying the files? If via the network from TriCaster to a shared drive on the laptop, then I would speculate Windows is possibly looking for this shared drive which is no longer there.
This is only speculation though because I have not seen this before but I transfer files by USB/ESATA or removal of the drive to a dock.
And as a FYI, I have transferred many, many files off many TriCasters via the method I listed above without this issue.
Wish I had a straight answer but maybe someone else can chime in or maybe an upgrade to the latest version like Andrew (Red Dog Records) suggested.

Take care,

adebats
05-27-2012, 10:45 AM
Yeh - I'm transferring via the network and the whole machine just becomes unresponsive. But I'm sure its happened when doing via USB also. I'm going to have a play with the esata option and see if that helps - just had it again today on a job in China when the tric took over 5 minutes to "recover" from me copying files before it starting operating normally.

For example, the whole thing would stutter for a few second just if I selected a different preview input.

Thanks for your time and thoughts chaps. Good to hear its not been a major issue to most people anyway. I will try esata. This actually begs my silly question but how do you do that and keep the tricaster on - in the days of the broadcasts - the shift key allowed this but now I have to exit the Tricaster to operate any copy procedures.

Thanks Jose/Andrew