PDA

View Full Version : LW11 hang on overwriting scenes on network drive

akademus
05-08-2012, 05:05 AM
Hi all,

I have a problem when I try to overwrite a scene that resides on network drive. LW just hangs and doesn't do anything. It creates .BAK file

Incremental save works fine which leads me to conclusion that everything is fine with the network. Its the same for both LW11 and LW 11.01

Anyone else has same issue?

Lightwolf
05-08-2012, 05:11 AM
Not me... and I work exclusively off a server. Windows SBS 2011 (basically 2008R2), clients from XP to Win 7, UNC paths.

Cheers,
Mike

Danner
05-08-2012, 06:57 PM
sounds like a permissions issue.

tropicaljohnson
12-22-2018, 01:32 PM
Not me... and I work exclusively off a server. Windows SBS 2011 (basically 2008R2), clients from XP to Win 7, UNC paths.

Cheers,
Mike

Lightwolf, I know this is an old thread and you are provably not using the SBS 2011 any longer, but do you have all of LIghtwave installed on a SBS 2011?

I am having trouble installing LW 11.6.3 on Windows 2008 R2. The program installs well, but when I run either Layout.exe or Modeler.exe I get this message:

"The program can't start because bthprops.cpl is missing from your computer. Please try reinstalling to fix this problem."

And I have not been able to figure out what is missing.

Any Help appreciated.

Lightwolf
12-23-2018, 07:12 AM
Lightwolf, I know this is an old thread and you are provably not using the SBS 2011 any longer, but do you have all of LIghtwave installed on a SBS 2011?
No.

"The program can't start because bthprops.cpl is missing from your computer. Please try reinstalling to fix this problem."

And I have not been able to figure out what is missing.
That rings a bell and I think it's related to a bluetooth and not included with that version of Windows, but is required by some OS functionality that LW requires (if my memory serves me right, connected to input devices in the virtual studio).
I've no idea how to fix it though.

Cheers,
Mike