03-03-2003, 08:03 AM
Finished this with LW5.6 for an animation assignment

http://members.optusnet.com.au/~skeatt/shark.jpg

Skonk
03-03-2003, 09:05 AM
Thats cool, i like it a lot.

meatycheesyboy
03-03-2003, 10:15 AM
Very cool, don't forget to post the animation when its done.

Max Wolf
03-03-2003, 10:35 AM
very cool and i like how you did the surface..

Schwing
03-03-2003, 11:18 AM
I know teeth would make it look kind of menicing, but it looks strange with out them. Kind of like my mother-in-law, when my wife and I drop in on her unexpectedly. Try a set of rounded chompers. Of course, if this is for a kiddie thing, we would want to give the little darlings nightmares.

Aquaman
03-03-2003, 12:02 PM
That's cool. Kinda looks like a 3d version of Jabber Jaw from the cartoone.

Lewis
03-04-2003, 09:40 PM
Looks very cool. I like that character you made, it's very funny and cute. Can you show us animation ?

You sait LW 5.6 ? IF i remeber good in 5.6c you can't use SubDs (metaNURBS) in Layout so it is freezed model then :). Can you show us wireframe of freezed mesh ?

Gluge
03-05-2003, 09:17 PM
Yea, I think your right Lewis, 5.6 didn't have sub-d's in layout..

I kinda agree with Schwing too, looks a little odd with out teeth, but still good and I don't know if just cuz it looks a little odd means it should have teeth... but..

another thing you could do teeth-wise is just add like one shark looking tooth on the upper or lower jaw... give it kinda a cute baby shark look 8*)

hehe.

oh the color changes on him look a little harsh, particularly the change of color from top to bottom...

BTW... do sharks have nostrals?

Schwing
03-06-2003, 09:54 AM
One offset tooth would really add charactor. But then again, this is the "Finished Gallery.";)

cresshead
03-06-2003, 02:09 PM
he looks cool!..nice to see a toony fish character here

steve g

Epita
03-06-2003, 04:39 PM
Yeah really cool looking shark, i think it looks OK with no teath but thats me. The colour is really good but the change is to sudden maby blur them together...

Epita

skeatt
03-08-2003, 03:35 AM
Thankyou for the comments, the animation was only a 5 second clip, enough to fill the animation assignment brief;
I call him my "Gummy Shark" ie no teeeth...

I would love to post it but I can't post anymore images (animation) to my ISP as they only allow me 5mb of space for my dial up. (currently a 4mb+ quicktime)

This is my CV assignment page for the Diploma of Technology (Interactive Multimedia) if your interested, for those wanting to see more of my efforts, but not a complete list.

(Some of my other work) (http://members.optusnet.com.au/~skeatt/index.html)

(NOTE: this page will close the opening browser window, so you may want to open a second browser to keep your place, originally designed for CD-ROM for the instructor)

megatron_ssj
03-13-2003, 11:04 AM
Very very cool. I love the style. Nice job :D

Martok
03-16-2003, 12:54 PM
qute shark!! can u make it angry with sharp teeth, also with cell shade,, it will look cool for a a jaket tag !