PDA

View Full Version : RPF / RLA issues of scale

Maimo
10-23-2003, 10:29 PM
I havnt played around much with these yet, but the one time i did i found that there wasnt much diference in the varaition between levels in the z-buffer how does it determine the scale. For instance im doing a spot for Lego and things that are 3 inches away form the camera have arnt much diferent then 6 inches away, is there a way to set the max distance or should i scale everything up times 10. i've always the type to model everything to scale, but in this cas am i wrong.

also is there a way (tool u can add to the flow) to adjust the levels of the Zbuffer ? I just have the DFX+ LW oem with 1&4.

Justinw
10-24-2003, 11:09 PM
Hi there,

Not sure if you have tried this, but play around with the Z-scale slider in the depth tool you are using (under the tool tab). Could be what you are after??

Cheers,

Justin W.

UnCommonGrafx
10-24-2003, 11:17 PM
Won't help.

Whatchya need is a little plugin made by Al Street. What it does is expand the scale of the depth buffer. It works a treat!!!!

I had the same thing happening as you, Maimo, until Al hooked me up. Dunno if he is around here or not but you might go looking at his website.

Maimo
10-24-2003, 11:57 PM
you know the url by chance?

UnCommonGrafx
10-25-2003, 12:15 AM
www.ats-3d.com

UnCommonGrafx
10-25-2003, 12:18 AM
And I don't see it on the list of offerings.
This was something that came up on the dfx group over at pigsfly.

You may want to contact him. Be polite, of course. :D