PDA

View Full Version : Texturing - Node Editor

HolyMonkey-
05-05-2012, 05:43 AM
Hello, I found a pretty awesome LW image, and Ive tried to copy the textures in order to improve my texturing skills. However the results arent as nearly as good as I had hoped... I hope you can help me out! =)

#1 Now I know this lamptexture is pretty horrible, but I dont know any other setup to keep the diffuse black. I added a metal texture to ANI reflection and plugged it into reflection but its way to weak and you cant see much.

#2 The glass, It just doesnt pop the same way as the original. Mine is dark green and very reflective, the other one has the typical nice green coloring and alot smoother solution.

#3 The book, I just get an even lighted effect, whilst the original has a really poping reflection. Mine is more like glass reflection, the original is plastic.

http://forums.newtek.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=104074&stc=1&d=1336218001

Sensei
05-05-2012, 06:40 AM
Reflection Shading input requires you to specify Reflection scalar input (in Surface Editor in the main panel or plugging something in Node Editor).

HolyMonkey-
05-05-2012, 06:52 AM
Reflection Shading input requires you to specify Reflection scalar input (in Surface Editor in the main panel or plugging something in Node Editor).

Could you elaborate? It make sense but doesnt help me much....

UnCommonGrafx
05-05-2012, 06:54 AM
put something in the surface editor for those items, e.g., 75% in the reflection, transparency.

HolyMonkey-
05-05-2012, 07:04 AM
put something in the surface editor for those items, e.g., 75% in the reflection, transparency.

The gradient I added on the bottom image, with incident angle in Diffuse - Refl isnt it that what makes it defined? Sorta? Could you perhaps show an image where you give an example for ani reflection node?