PDA

View Full Version : RHiggit Pro 1.1, mocap editing and SALE!

RebelHill
05-04-2012, 05:09 AM
Yes friends... it is I, RH... the SAVIOUR of character animation for LightWave3D, coming at you with my latest offerings as further testament to my continued, unwavering commitment to delivering the best character solutions of which I'm capable to the LW community.

First off... RHiggit! Pro has now been updated to v1.1 with various changes and fixes. The big ticket item for this release however is the all new FBX-IK rig, which allows you to edit motion capture animation within LW using a fast and flexible IKFK rig.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uGAbGBRn5YI

and a short workflow tutorial for those who are more curious...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xun3SEBfUPY

This new setup has spent plenty of time in design and testing, and has been put thoroughly through its paces in production, proving its worth and usefulness to me (which, y'know... is good enough for me).

This update is available NOW, and existing users can get it right away. Details of the release can be found on my announcement board... http://www.rebelhill.net/board/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=130&sid=ea4c910ac7a46a711793eac481c82a7e

And lastly... for those who dont already own RHiggit! Pro... Im celebrating this new release (and just over a year of wonderful RHpro being out there) with a SALE!

For the remainder of the month, all personal/small business licences of RHiggit Pro are available for a whopping 30% discount, including upgrade and bundle offers for owners of other products of mine.

So cheers very much, hope you all enjoy.

ttfn.

Waves of light
05-04-2012, 06:03 AM
83 pound for pro license .... and until the end of the month ... very tempting.

Phil
05-04-2012, 06:20 AM
Nice work. Pulling the update now.

Without yet looking at the videos, I guess this expects ~matching proportions between the mocapped rig and the target rig? For various reasons, I have a library of mocap footage and the proportions obviously don't match the target rig, so I wonder if this update helps me (or whether I'm actually missing something fundamental that would allow me to use this stuff already without much pain).

rcallicotte
05-04-2012, 06:40 AM
COOL. Just when I'm interested and have some $$. YAH-hoooooo.

geo_n
05-04-2012, 06:43 AM
Do people with the RH training and rhiggit lite get a different discount from an upgrade discount?

RebelHill
05-04-2012, 06:48 AM
I guess this expects ~matching proportions between the mocapped rig and the target rig? For various reasons, I have a library of mocap footage and the proportions obviously don't match the target rig, so I wonder if this update helps me

Well...

There's no retargeting here... this is JUST a mocap EDITING rig, allowing you to animate on top of/switch in/out of mocap/IK.

However...

If you see the workflow video I posted, u can see how I use the rig to fix things like footskate, etc. What this means is that you COULD load up mocap onto the fbxIK rig, and even if it wasn't fully retargeted you could sort of do a manual retarget/edit in one.

Obviously the greater the proportional difference between the source and target characters the more problematic this would become... but in a LOT of instances it may well be close enough to let u knock out what you're looking for.

Don't forget though, that all you need is a basic retargeting step... not like u need motionbuilder for that. Ikinema's web animate will get u there, or animeeple if uve still got it (or can find an installer).

Also... for those folks doing their OWN mocap, esp with something like iPisoft... that software contains its own basic retargeting, so no need for a middle app. Capture, track and retarget in iPi, send over to LW and edit away.

RebelHill
05-04-2012, 06:50 AM
Do people with the RH training and rhiggit lite get a different discount from an upgrade discount?

If you've RHR and RHiggit Lite, you use the RHR+Lite owner from the dropdown.

The discount is percentile... so its 30% (ish, rounded) off whatever the price was previously. (49, so now 35)

OnlineRender
05-04-2012, 08:33 AM
Yes friends... it is I, RH... the SAVIOUR of character animation for LightWave3D,.

true dat! , well done

littlewaves
05-04-2012, 09:45 AM
sold.

Greenlaw
05-04-2012, 11:55 AM
FWIW, I recommend it. I haven't used RHiggit! Pro in any of our 'Little Green Dog' productions yet but I did use in some tests at home recently and the rigger is very slick to work with. Even though we use Motion Builder for our mocap editing, I'm still very likely to use the new mocap rig for the film we're making after we complete our current one--I can see it being very useful for last minute tweaks and fixes in Lightwave, which I'm expecting to do a lot of for that film.

Anyway, if you need to do a lot of CA in Lightwave, you can't go wrong with Rhiggit! Pro.

G.

Phil
05-04-2012, 01:07 PM
Yeah. I was looking at Animeeple for retargeting, but importing sets caused it to become unusable because the viewport navigation is so, well, limited. It *sounds* like I could now, with RHP, do the basic retarget and then mix-n-match/adjust as needed to make the mocap fit my set. Which would be neat. I need to see if that pans out, so need to book some time to investigate this weekend.

Greenlaw
05-04-2012, 01:21 PM
Just wondering, is anybody able to see the Mocap Editing with FBX-IK video on YouTube? I'm just seeing a green color with audio, no video.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xun3SEBfUPY&feature=plcp

The Promo video looks fine here.

G.

RebelHill
05-04-2012, 01:43 PM
Yeah. I was looking at Animeeple for retargeting, but importing sets caused it to become unusable because the viewport navigation is so, well, limited. It *sounds* like I could now, with RHP, do the basic retarget and then mix-n-match/adjust as needed to make the mocap fit my set. Which would be neat. I need to see if that pans out, so need to book some time to investigate this weekend.

Absolutely you can... basic retarget, straight back to LW, use edit rig.

And GL... no clue... should be working fine.

Greenlaw
05-04-2012, 02:52 PM
Okay, figured out the issue: Right-click the video and disable Hardware Acceleration, Refresh and video is good. Weird that this is the only video that has this problem; the other video (Promo) looks fine with HW Acceleration enabled (as do other YouTube videos.)

It's probably a graphics card or driver issue with my computer at work. I'll see tonight if it works properly on my computer at home.

Anyway, just thought you would like to know.

Empedokles
05-04-2012, 04:00 PM
So this is the opportunity to upgrade to RHiggit Pro for me then. Hope IŽll find the time to play around with it soon...
Thanks Rebel Hill!

OnlineRender
05-04-2012, 05:37 PM
any nice freebies for LWiki ???

geo_n
05-09-2012, 12:49 AM
Up for the sale.
Btw is it ok to have both lite and pro version in one lw installation?
Do I need to delete lite version? I haven't checked the manual but looks like the pro has advance and fbx rig but basic and standard are the same for lite and pro.

RebelHill
05-09-2012, 02:14 AM
Makes no odds, you can have them both just fine, though pro completely obsoletes lite, so there is in fact little point.

OR, have you been at the beer again?

geo_n
05-09-2012, 04:14 AM
Its da beer talkin

erikals
05-09-2012, 05:08 AM
 
cool, upgrading. (also check out RHR (http://rebelhill.net/html/rhr) good stuff)

 

OnlineRender
05-09-2012, 05:09 AM
OR, have you been at the beer again?

silly question...

RebelHill
05-24-2012, 02:15 AM
So guys...

ONE WEEK left in the sale promotion here.

The new update, just like the original version is proving very popular with users and continuing to simplify the character setup process like never before for LW users.

SO get yourself in on the action now if you can, while its hot.

Cheers all.

geo_n
05-29-2012, 02:22 AM
Up for the rebel.
Thanks to rhiggit I am currently doing a project(non-company) that would have taken me many many hours rigging, testing, re-rigging, multiple characters which is only possible with rhiggit instant setup and back switch. Already paid for itself 100 times over.
The 5 bucks for Tim Albee's posetools also a god send.
Any chance some other type of rigs available? bird, fish, dragon, etc.

erikals
05-29-2012, 04:45 AM
bird / fish rigs are not that hard,
for a dragon maybe you can use RHiggit as well, as it can handle quadruped rigs?

a problem area though might be the long neck... (?)

RebelHill
05-29-2012, 05:01 AM
Im so glad its proving such a help.

Now as for other "forms" of rigs... the problem there is that you could wind up with a VERY long list. What about centaurs, or hydra, etc, etc. At this point you really start getting into mission creep, and also starting to overburden the system to an extent. For something like that a much more modular auto rigging system would be far more appropriate, but that's out of scope for the forseeable future.

Birds, however... are perfectly doable, use the biped rig. As RHiggit stands you can put together pretty much ANY 4 limbed creature rig. A lil bit of rigging know how does ofc help out, for altering settings here and there... adding your own constraint or two... Look at the ED209 rig in the main promo video. Takes about an hour of custom work on top of the base rigger, but works great, and is still comparatively fast to setup even given those customisations that need to be made.

SALE still on guys... 3 days left!

geo_n
05-29-2012, 05:57 AM
Yep its not so hard but its always time consuming to rig. Its never fun and its as good as the rigs by rhiggit. :D
Always better to have a base rig that's adjustable with markers like rhiggit and the switch is super handy.
For birds the adjustable wings, for dragon neck, tail, wings with squash and stretch. Fish is very easy with ikboost but boring to play with.
Even car rigs with squash and stretch would be nice.
All with adjustable markers and switch to go back to edit mode. Cool!

sami
05-29-2012, 04:40 PM
So guys...

ONE WEEK left in the sale promotion here.

The new update, just like the original version is proving very popular with users and continuing to simplify the character setup process like never before for LW users.

SO get yourself in on the action now if you can, while its hot.

Cheers all.

Hi,

Does this new update include the lightweight gaming rig you had mentioned you were working on? Or is that a different product still under development?

RebelHill
05-30-2012, 02:59 AM
That was an add on for RHiggit, but after some trials and testing got pushed off to the backburner till I can think up an easier/better way of implementing it.

sami
05-31-2012, 05:57 AM
Please keep it on the front burner if you can ;-)

I'm doing alot more gaming and realtime stuff than rendered stuff these days and would like some of your expert gaming rigs automated rather than my working but homebrew ones...

RebelHill
05-31-2012, 06:12 AM
I shall get back on it at some point... promise. Generally, i use an "offline" thought process, if I can't reach a decision about something, I take note of it, and ignore it, and eventually at some future point i get a lil "email" from my subconscious with the answer.

I got 2 other things on the front burner atm... but I'll keep an eye on the inbox.

also... LAST DAY of sale, all.

cheers.