PDA

View Full Version : Updateing textures from another model...

mikkelen
05-02-2012, 03:44 PM
Hi,

I'm working on a large architecture visualization project. Tomorrow I will receive a new version of the model from the architect. Hundreds of surfaces has already been given custom shaders by me on the older model.

How can I automatically get the new object to read the surfaces from the older object, without having to reapply 100's of surface shaders manually?

Best regards,
Mikkelen

nickdigital
05-02-2012, 03:45 PM
Maybe SpreadSurface will do what you want?
http://www.trueart.pl/?URIType=Directory&URI=Products/Plug-Ins/SpreadSurface

xchrisx
05-02-2012, 06:23 PM
One trick is if all the surfaces are named the same is to load up the old model and the new model in modeler. Go into the old model and delete all polygons and points, then copy and paste the new model into it and it will take on all of the surfaces of the old model. Then just save it as a version increment of the new model and fix any surfaces that werent previously textured.

mikkelen
05-03-2012, 05:36 AM
xchrisx, great - as I thought, just don't have time to experiment on this project. thank you.

biliousfrog
05-03-2012, 05:38 AM
One trick is if all the surfaces are named the same is to load up the old model and the new model in modeler. Go into the old model and delete all polygons and points, then copy and paste the new model into it and it will take on all of the surfaces of the old model. Then just save it as a version increment of the new model and fix any surfaces that werent previously textured.

Great tip!:thumbsup:

lardbros
05-03-2012, 06:10 AM
Niiiiice!! Will store that one for later... :)