PDA

View Full Version : Which output for Streaming

egp
05-01-2012, 07:30 PM
Hey guys, always great help here. My question is which output do you use for streaming on the broadcast unit. I have to meet with some streaming guys tomorrow. I'm not sure what to tell them. I have used the Tricaster several times as a live event swit:question:cher. We are streaming the event this year. Hired a streaming guy, I will just need to give him a feed. I'm not sure which output to use. Sounds crazy, I just don't know this stuff.

imryh
05-01-2012, 07:44 PM
It depends on how you're streaming the broadcast.

If you're streaming internally from within Tricaster, you don't need any outputs.

Is it through an external encoder? If so, does the encoder take an SDI input or a Composite input? Both are available on the Tricaster Broadcast.

If you are using a Canopus box to get the video and audio from Tricaster into a laptop for streaming, then you'll need the Composite video output from the Tricaster, and an analog audio output. That's a very common way to get video out of Tricaster for streaming.

Digital SDI signal will get you better video quality, but SDI encoders are more expensive than analog encoders.

Does that make sense?
Is that helpful?

egp
05-02-2012, 05:44 AM
We are using an external encoder I would think because we have hired a company for this service. I did not know the Broadcast unit had SDI out. That would be great. I will talk to those guys today. Thanks so much.

But when you do stream from the Tricaster, there has to be some sort of out put right. I'm over 50 so this stuff still seems like magic to me LOL....Thanks again

imryh
05-02-2012, 08:53 AM
When you use Tricaster for direct streaming, all you have to do is connect it to an internet connection with an Ethernet cable.

Since you're using an external encoder, you'll need the SDI or Composite outputs, as well as audio (unless audio is embedded in your SDI stream).

joseburgos
05-02-2012, 10:53 AM
What model TriCaster?

egp
05-03-2012, 12:22 PM
I'm using the Broadcast version as my main and I have a studio version as a backup. So I'm going to use the SDI out of Broadcast and Composite out of the studio. I have never ( knock on wood) had to use my backup. so I hope I'm good. Any input or advice is always welcome.