PDA

View Full Version : Texture ok in wireframe, but gone in VPR!

macahuna
05-01-2012, 01:42 PM
Okay, I'm really stoopid, and I must have missed something, but I opened an existing document that works just fine. I saved it with a new name, and applied a different image to a cylindrical projection. It looks just hunky-dunky in Modeler. Switch to Layout, and in Wireframe view, it looks as it should, but changing the view to VPR and/or rendering it gives me a plain gray texture - with all the reflections and everything that's supposed to be there. I'm not in Draft mode (drop-down menu to the right of VPR menu).

The image that I'm using is a .TGA (Targa) file, as was the original drawing. It's applied in the Texture Editor for Color. All the other settings are exactly as they were in the original. I'm hopelessly lost!

Any clues?

Thanks in advance,

Ron

macahuna
05-01-2012, 02:11 PM
Duh... I'd replaced a .jpg file with a .tga. I just switched to .jpgs, and everything is rosy again.

I just bought William Vaughan's book on Amazon. Can't wait to get my hands on it and learn something!

Waves of light
05-01-2012, 02:59 PM
Duh... I'd replaced a .jpg file with a .tga. I just switched to .jpgs, and everything is rosy again.

I just bought William Vaughan's book on Amazon. Can't wait to get my hands on it and learn something!

You're in for a treat. Great read.

lino.grandi
05-02-2012, 03:05 AM
Very probably you had an alpha in your image. JPGs have no alpha. ;)