PDA

View Full Version : Tricaster studio grey screen

mogolh
04-30-2012, 04:28 PM
Hi. I have an issue with the tricaster studio i bought last year. I was having problems with the software, so i did a total restore. After everything was installed correctly, the application started to run. As soon as the application started to run it went to a grey screen and didn't go any farther. Can someone help me with this??

Lee-AVP
04-30-2012, 04:35 PM
Did it get as far as the user interface and THEN go gray? Or did you get Tricaster logo, then straight to gray?

mogolh
04-30-2012, 05:11 PM
Goes straight to grey

Lee-AVP
04-30-2012, 06:13 PM
The software kicks it at that point if it doesn't detect the Newtek card. Official rule is to call Newtek customer service before doing the following. Maybe that's not still the rule, since these machines aren't supported anymore. But:

Open the cover, pull the card and clean the contacts. Blow out all the dust, re-insert the card, make sure it's fully seated. Power up, and see where you are.

joseburgos
05-01-2012, 11:58 AM
TriCaster Studio is still supported and its still for sale by NewTek as a FYI.

Lee-AVP
05-01-2012, 02:54 PM
Oops. Yeah. Call customer support before doing the above, for sure. Sorry. :)

mogolh
05-02-2012, 08:55 AM
Ok. I'll do that. Thanks a lot!

RNCBChapel
05-03-2012, 03:40 AM
Having the same issue with Tricaster Pro. I'm a UK customer who do I call for support? Need the pro up and running ASAP!

Did this issue get resolved and how?

Martin K
05-03-2012, 04:10 AM
You could try the following:
Close the Tricaster App and go into Admin (Windows)-Mode. Then try to launch the Tricaster app again. If its not possible to close the Tricaster App try to close with the following Key-Combination : CTRL+ALT+V+T

What happens when you start the Software manually instead of using the autostart after booting ?

Matt Drabick
05-04-2012, 06:45 AM
My experience has been that when you see a gray screen when firing up a TriCaster STUDIO . . . and it stays gray . . . and you never get to the switcher screen . . . the problem is either a bad VTPRO card or a bad front panel.

If your TriCaster is still under warranty with NewTek you should get an RMA from NewTek and send the STUDIO back to NewTek for repair.

Matt Drabick,
DigiTek Systems