PDA

View Full Version : Split polygons

Leprechaun
10-23-2003, 02:57 PM
Does anyone know why i get these? I get rid of them by just merging them together, but it takes a long time if there are alot. The parrallel and perpendiculat polygons are teh same number and there are the same number of points on every side. If anyone can help me out with this please do.
thanks

Triple G
10-23-2003, 03:23 PM
If you used the Skin tool, I believe that always results in triangles instead of quads. There's a plugin called Merge Trigons X (do a search on Flay) which will merge tris into quads automatically.

Leprechaun
10-23-2003, 03:34 PM
nah, i didnt use skins. How do i load the plug in into modeler. I ve been trying this b4. I go to Modeler>plugins>addplug in. But it doesnt appear anywhere in modeler. and i dunno how to assign it to a place.
thanks

bloontz
10-23-2003, 03:39 PM
Should be in the list under Construct/Additional

Triple G
10-23-2003, 03:41 PM
By default, any plugin you add to Modeler should show up under the Contruct->Additional tab.

If you want to assign a button to it in the interface, go to Modeler->Interface->Edit Menu Layout. A double-paned window will pop up. Find the plugin on the left side, and drag it to where you want it on the right side. Click Done, and you're good to go.

tburbage
11-01-2003, 10:10 PM
Make sure under General Options you have Polygons set to Quadrangles. I've had it set that way for so long I don't recall which commands this affects, but that could account for you getting triangles where you weren't expecting them.