PDA

View Full Version : Generating open gl previews and saving broken?

prometheus
04-28-2012, 07:48 AM
I have noticed that in lw11-64 bit build2238 I can not create previews that saves out the open gl preview, that used to work in 9.6

It works if I use the vpr and saves out to Avi, but not the open gl previews.

Anything Im missing?

Sensei
04-28-2012, 09:07 AM
You're missing that you should have build 2253, which is the latest official LW v11.0.1 SP1

prometheus
04-28-2012, 09:11 AM
You're missing that you should have built 2253, which is the latest official LW v11.0.1 SP1

Ahh..of course I am, still have yet to download it, thought I could wait till service pack 2 or something since I noticed some issues with TurbulenceFD, and some with daz3d import.

But if this is fixed in the service pack..then I might correct that as soon as possible.

Thanks Sensei.

Michael

Sensei
04-28-2012, 09:20 AM
I just tried it in 2253..
Default settings obviously don't work - who has *.flx player anyway today..
So had to play with Preview Options, and using uncompressed frames generated (big) file no problem.
Otherwise there are messages like
"Can't write AVI file" (and 0 file length on disk).
or
"Can't initialize QuickTime library" (obvious I don't have it).

prometheus
04-28-2012, 09:24 AM
I just tried it in 2253..
Default settings obviously don't work - who has *.flx player anyway today..
So had to play with it Preview Options, and using uncompressed frames generated (big) file no problem.
Otherwise there are messages like
"Can't write AVI file" (and 0 file length on disk).
or
"Can't initialize QuickTime library" (obvious I don't have it).

As long as uncompressed Avi files work, it would be fine, I generally do such previews in VPR.

The Quicktime wouldnīt work on 64 bit systems anyway, canīt the quicktime people get moving an fix this? I just wonder?

Michael

DrStrik9
04-28-2012, 11:00 AM
As long as uncompressed Avi files work, it would be fine, I generally do such previews in VPR.

The Quicktime wouldnīt work on 64 bit systems anyway, canīt the quicktime people get moving an fix this? I just wonder?

Michael

The Quicktime API has not been addressed for several years. This is a bone of bitter contention with all developers who based their apps on the Quicktime API, since their current development remains imprisoned in 32-bit. All Macs are running 64-bit now, but the bulk of Quicktime itself remains 32-bit. As a Mac user, I never use the current Quicktime Player, although it is 64-bit, because it can't do most of the things the 32-bit ("pro") player can. "Pro" is still only available in 32-bit. Fortunately, in the MacOS, 32-bit apps run seamlessly in emulation. I have NO idea about Quicktime under Windows, but uncompressed AVI is probably what I would use also, along with VPR previews.