PDA

View Full Version : Editing left and right camera angles

mpetersen68
04-27-2012, 12:34 AM
In our micro-studio, we use wall mounted cameras and the bundled virtual sets in our 300 to get the three camera angles.

The only problem is, the angles created by the actual cameras are a bit different to the apparent angles in the virtual sets.

I presume that the bundled sets would have been created in LW or some other 3D rendering program, so is it possible that I could procure some software, open the supplied virtual sets, and re-render them with slightly different camera angles in play?

cheers!

Matthew P
Brisbane, Australia

billmi
04-27-2012, 01:52 PM
The 3d models are not in the virtual set, so no you would not be able to do that.

You would need to obtain the 3D models and scene files that were used to build the set originally, render what you need, then build new sets in VSE.

Dexter2999
04-27-2012, 01:59 PM
The 3d models are not in the virtual set, so no you would not be able to do that.

You would need to obtain the 3D models and scene files that were used to build the set originally, render what you need, then build new sets in VSE.

VSE being Virtual Set Editor. http://newtek.com/products/accessories/tricaster-tcvse.html

$995 US.

mpetersen68
04-30-2012, 03:32 AM
Thanks guys.

I purchased VSE when I purchased the TriCaster, so just to clarify, I'd need the SOURCE files to the bundled Virtual Sets to make the angle adjustment?

I wonder if someone from NewTek could advise if the source files for the bundled sets are in fact available somewhere for me to tinker with?

Matthew P

billmi
04-30-2012, 06:41 AM
Thanks guys.

I purchased VSE when I purchased the TriCaster, so just to clarify, I'd need the SOURCE files to the bundled Virtual Sets to make the angle adjustment?

Yes. You would need the Lightwave object and scene files to generate the still images which you would then use as sources for VSE.

Or, you could build a similar looking set in Lightwave and go with that, rendering with camera angles to meet your needs.

Eric Pratt
06-15-2012, 07:58 AM
Hi Matthew,
We sell both the Lightwave and VSE versions of our sets. But, yes, you would need Lightwave and the Lightwave version and know how to build a set for VSE to do what you are describing (and know Lightwave).
We also offer virtual set customization services, we could match a set to your camera angles and provide this in VSE or LiveSet format: http://www.virtualsetworks.com/Virtual-Set-Design.htm

joseburgos
06-16-2012, 07:26 AM
I agree with Bill and Eric. I'll add that Lightwave has a learning curve that unless you have extensive experience working with a 3D program, you are looking at a while till you are able to do what you want.