PDA

View Full Version : Object Sequences

tcoursey
04-25-2012, 07:53 AM
When using object sequences from another package I'm not figuring out the best way to SURFACE the objects.

If I pull in the first object and then under the properties of that object->geometry select OBJ sequence (even though it's a LWO) the surfacing changes on each subsequent load of the object. Meaning frame 1's surfaceing is different than 2's etc. I would expect this as each have a DEFAULT, but is there a plugin or method in LW to have all of the objects surfaces applied to each of the objects sequence files?

Thanks.

Rellim1138
04-25-2012, 08:51 AM
I have the same issue when using object sequences from Realflow. the Realflow plugin has an option for this however it doesn't like to play nice in a render farm, there are some older plugins that will batch surface all objects in a folder, if you still have LW8 installed but nothing yet written for LW11 or anything else past 8 that i can find. The best way i have found so far is to save your surface, load 50 of the obj sequences at a time in modeler and switch your surface editor to "edit by scene" load the surface, save all objects repeat.
second thought
if you are in "edit by surface mode" and have an object open with a surface "X" and open a second object that also has a surface "X" it will apply the texture of the first open object to all like named textures in objects opened while the first is still loaded. It should be a fairly simple script to (open - save - close) all objects in a folder. as long as you have a simple object with a like named surface open before you run the batch it should update all surfaces.
I am not very good with scripts so if you go that route or know some one who can please let me know!
hope that helps

nickdigital
04-25-2012, 09:12 AM
Forum search is your friend.
http://forums.newtek.com/showthread.php?t=89561&highlight=surface+object+sequence

http://forums.newtek.com/showthread.php?t=120209&highlight=surface+object+sequence