PDA

View Full Version : 5 "Easy" Steps to Improve LW

HolyMonkey-
04-22-2012, 02:52 AM
I am no programmer but I figured these wouldnt be too hard to implement.

1. NODE EDITOR - Custom node

- To be able to create a node setup and save it in a slot in the "add node" called "Custom", and pull it out anytime you wish.

2. Better correalation between modeller and Layout.

- If I have a huge scene, and I jump into modeller to just add texture to one object. LW should be able to identify that you just made one simple change and just refresh that, instead of reloading the entire scene everytime you swap between layout and modeller.

3. Native Sunsky

- Right now you have the sunsky plugin, but it would be nice with a native sunsky plugin where you also have the option to add details to the sky. Like variation of clouds, Set different Moods, more options for atmosphere, add a fake city in the background (some procedurals of city sillhoutes?) etc. Take a look at Vue how they solve this. They have alot of sky presets.

4. Create Renderboxes within Layout where you can set different radiosity values for a certain space, instead of per object. (I guess this one is pretty freaking hard hehe.)

- Picture you have a outdoor scene, where you could peak inside a house. Indoor tends to need more rays, what if you could create a virtual box inside the apartment and set intensity, bounce and all that within that "space" in order to brighten up the inside.

5. You guys rock, thank you for an awesome software.

6.... I had to sneak this in here.. Please we need better procedurals. Take a look at Cinema4D, they have by far the best procedurals in regards to bumps and such. Look at all their noise setups, its amazing!

:)

Sensei
04-22-2012, 03:10 AM
1. NODE EDITOR - Custom node

- To be able to create a node setup and save it in a slot in the "add node" called "Custom", and pull it out anytime you wish.

It already exists.
TrueGroup
http://www.trueart.pl/?URIType=Directory&URI=Products/Plug-Ins/TrueGroup

Sensei
04-22-2012, 03:19 AM
4. Create Renderboxes within Layout where you can set different radiosity values for a certain space, instead of per object. (I guess this one is pretty freaking hard hehe.)

That's the easiest to implement feature that you requested..

3DGFXStudios
04-22-2012, 03:28 AM
6. Did you check the Dpont renderman collection and the ifw2 nodes? Those are also really really nice!

HolyMonkey-
04-22-2012, 03:33 AM
haha, well having these as native would be pretty sweet!

yes I have the DP renderman procedurals, it helps alot but still... Download a tiral for Cinema4D and create a shader and go into the bump and noise setting , wow!

btw the while we are at it.

What is the difference between adding a white and black image to the bump slot, and adding a normal map image to the normal map slot (of the very same image heightmap vs nm)

if2w nodes?

UnCommonGrafx
04-22-2012, 05:07 AM
Yes, IFW nodes.
shaders.org