PDA

View Full Version : Button for creating POINT SETS ?

jeric_synergy
04-19-2012, 08:53 PM
I was reading one of D.Ablan's books and he pointed out that you can make a button for creating maps. I like this idea 'cuz I find the bottom right menu map creation button incredibly slow to use, cuz it's always set to the type I don't need.

But, although it's easy to find the Menu commands for creating Weight Maps and EndoMorph Maps and even Vertex Color Maps, the one for POINT SETS is eluding me. --Of course, that's the one I use most. :cursin:

What's Modelerese for "Create Point Set"? :bday:

tnx!

dwburman
04-19-2012, 11:59 PM
Maybe I don't understand the question.

I usually use the S button on the bottom right - next to the W T M C buttons.

I think it's called Point Selection Set, as in a set, or collection of points.

Are you saying there should be a button elsewhere for creating selection sets?

In LW9.6 (I'm not at my workstation and this laptop won't run LW10+) I don't see another place for it in the menus. You'd expect it to be in the Points section in the Detail tab because that tab is where you create parts which, in my mind, is like selection sets for polygons.

jeric_synergy
04-20-2012, 12:30 AM
My views on menus (too frickin' slow) are well known. and "NEW" is at the bottom of the menu, the slowest place.

SO, I just mapped ALT+S (unassigned!!!) to "(Make) Point Selection Set". My dream has come true.

In the menus it's at the very bottom of the Selection Tab.

jeric_synergy
04-21-2012, 11:15 PM
Now that I've mapped "Create Point Set" to ALT+S, I'm MUCH more likely to create Point Sets, and use them to REselect difficult selections, which has upped my productivity a bit. A hotkey instead of a menu makes a world of difference.

Now if only there was a static list instead of a slow slow slowwww menu to Select those point sets.... to lwplugindb.com!!!