PDA

View Full Version : Laptop graphics errors

Cryonic
04-19-2012, 07:33 PM
This occurs with both 10.1 and 11.0.1 (and 11.0 before that). I see a lot of errors in the drawings shown in Modeler when doing a number of basic operations.

One example, I select points in order and then create a polygon (p). Instead of creating a polygon that fits the 4 selected points, it draws vertices off in other directions. I've even verified by hitting 'i' that the 4 points selected are the ones I desire.
Also, if I do find a way to create a polygon, I can't flip it to face the other way (from selecting the points in the reverse order to what I should have done).

I'm wondering if these issues are related to my laptop's graphics system, Mobile Intel 4 Series Express Chipset Family with 1GB of RAM (yes, it is the default kind built-in to the laptop rather than the requested nVidia card I wanted it to have). More specifically it is identified as Mobile Intel GMA X4500HD.

Cryonic
04-20-2012, 01:14 AM
Sorry. I should have included a screenshot. The selected polygon is what I asked Modeler to create (p), but as you can see from the perspective window it creates one triangle that I wanted, but shows a triangle that I didn't select or create.

BeeVee
04-20-2012, 02:49 AM
Yikes. Yes, I think it's the GMA chipset that's at fault - can you lasso select points or polys? Try setting the display to only 16-bit, it may work okay then. It's not a great solution, but only needs to be in place for Modeler, Layout should be okay.

B

Cryonic
04-20-2012, 09:08 AM
Yes, I can lasso select points, polys and edges in the various viewports. Reducing the display to 16-bit resolution didn't fix the issue.