PDA

View Full Version : CGtalk sloooow?

cresshead
04-19-2012, 12:43 PM
cgtalk.com sems REALLY slow and clunky to load...is that happening for other users too?

OnlineRender
04-19-2012, 01:00 PM
yeah its running hackit ..you do know you have an account for this ;P http://lightwiki.net/cgnetwork

calilifestyle
04-19-2012, 02:10 PM
Yeah it's been really slow lately. But I've also noticed i don't find it that useful anymore. Nothing really new over there. so i really can;t understand why it's been so slow.

robertoortiz
04-19-2012, 02:13 PM
You should should check out our HCR modeling forum and the FX challenges.
And yes The forum is beign checked out.
More soon.

Titus
04-19-2012, 02:31 PM
Don't know, haven't been there in a couple of years.

SplineGod
04-19-2012, 06:13 PM
I havent been there in years either. It didnt occur to me that it was still there. I wouldnt mind checking it out but Im probably still banned... :)

erikals
04-19-2012, 06:52 PM
cgtalk.com sems REALLY slow and clunky to load...is that happening for other users too?

it's always slow.

hmedia
04-19-2012, 07:42 PM
Well it's still streaming along for me. :D

You won't see anything unless you look.

cresshead
04-19-2012, 08:13 PM
I havent been there in years either. It didnt occur to me that it was still there. I wouldnt mind checking it out but Im probably still banned... :)

Hello YOU!

nice to have you on the lightwve forums again!:thumbsup:

SplineGod
04-20-2012, 02:50 AM
Thanks Steve! Nice to be welcomed to at least one forum ;)

robertoortiz
04-20-2012, 10:38 AM
We are back up.

GandB
04-20-2012, 10:42 AM
Hey Larry welcome back! Can't see why you'd be banned there....get on the wrong side of Leigh or something? ;)

SplineGod
04-20-2012, 01:17 PM
GandB: Its a long and sordid tale. I was never "officially" banned and never given a reason though I do know why. Its too bad the place has ppl administering or moderating it at that time based on personal software preferences as opposed to fairness. Maybe things have changed since then. I wouldnt mind getting back on since LW can never have enough support but if Leigh is still in charge I doubt that will ever happen anytime soon. :)

sandman300
04-20-2012, 01:41 PM

That's funny I was banned too.

DigitalSorcery8
04-20-2012, 01:49 PM
GandB: Its a long and sordid tale. I was never "officially" banned and never given a reason though I do know why. Its too bad the place has ppl administering or moderating it at that time based on personal software preferences as opposed to fairness. Maybe things have changed since then. I wouldnt mind getting back on since LW can never have enough support but if Leigh is still in charge I doubt that will ever happen anytime soon. :)

Yeah... I was banned as well. I remember when you were banned - nasty software politics. Quite sad. But unfortunately this happens nearly everywhere if you don't please the software forum mods. :rock:

Even here. :)

But hopefully things will be smoother. :thumbsup:

SplineGod
04-20-2012, 01:59 PM
To be honest Im surprised that CGTalk still has a LW forum. It was a nice place for LW users but soon became very anti-LW after awhile. Glad to see theres other places to go still. :)

jasonwestmas
04-20-2012, 02:00 PM

I was wondering how you were. Glad to see ya!

jasonwestmas
04-20-2012, 02:02 PM
Yeah... I was banned as well. I remember when you were banned - nasty software politics. Quite sad. But unfortunately this happens nearly everywhere if you don't please the software forum mods. :rock:

Even here. :)

But hopefully things will be smoother. :thumbsup:

Lol, I almost got band the first week I signed up. I started chewing on the moderator right away, I never had any problem like that before anywhere.

SplineGod
04-20-2012, 02:06 PM
Hey Jason, Thanks :)
Im doing dialysis now on a regular basis. Hell is spending 5 hrs a day, 3x a week with old ppl that I cant understand. Ive been here 3 years and I still have a hard time understanding some ppl. The eye(s) have settled down as well so I decided its about time to jump back into the LW pond. :)

DigitalSorcery8
04-20-2012, 02:13 PM
Lol, I almost got band the first week I signed up. I started chewing on the moderator right away, I never had any problem like that before anywhere.

Yeah, for me no other place was like that.

IMO it's elitist attitudes that think since they work in a professional studio making blockbuster movies, THEY are above you and KNOW everything there is to know. And they very likely DO know more than I, but that is no reason to act like it, belittle people and ban them from the site. ;)

jasonwestmas
04-20-2012, 02:18 PM
Hey Jason, Thanks :)
Im doing dialysis now on a regular basis. Hell is spending 5 hrs a day, 3x a week with old ppl that I cant understand. Ive been here 3 years and I still have a hard time understanding some ppl. The eye(s) have settled down as well so I decided its about time to jump back into the LW pond. :)

Wow, 3 years. . .I knew you had it rough but that is a long time to be sick. So glad your eyes are doing better. =)

robertoortiz
04-20-2012, 03:04 PM
I feel your pain splinegod. We recently had a nasty health scare with my wife.
She has a pulmonary blood clot that we caught on time.

I do hope things are going better.

Cageman
04-20-2012, 03:30 PM

Make that 2 then!

:)

EDIT: I was LITTLE to fast in reading there... :D I read it as you weren't welcomed at all, and that only one user welcomed you back.. haha.. :) I need to make sure I do not read too fast in the future.

In any case... Glad to see you are back on your feet!

Cheers!

/Mikael

GandB
04-21-2012, 12:35 AM
...but if Leigh is still in charge I doubt that will ever happen anytime soon.

Well then you may as well give up posting anything of substance there; because they still let her have the run of things. I was never a fan of how abusive she was/is; but don't tell her that....as she's always right. :D

@Robert: Very sorry to hear that, though good that you caught it in time. You guys just got married not too long ago, if I remember right? Hope all is well now. :thumbsup:

erikals
04-21-2012, 07:15 AM
 
at cgtalk you get criticized for using Lightwave,... in the Lightwave section!! by the moderator! (say what?!)
(i'll skip the moderator name, but i think you all know who i'm talking about...)

also AD people jump to the LW section just to rant. Constantly!

i'm gonna skip the "server too busy" part...

there is no reason to post there, none.
actually cgtalk would do us all (including NewTek) a favor by deleting the whole LW section at cgtalk.

too bad, it used to be the best place to hang out once, how things can change...

 

robertoortiz
04-21-2012, 07:37 AM
 
at cgtalk you get criticized for using Lightwave,... in the Lightwave section!! by the moderator! (say what?!)
(i'll skip the moderator name, but i think you all know who i'm talking about...)

 

Heads up, it is not me.
I proudly say I use LW for my work, and I have the scars to prove it.

@Robert: Very sorry to hear t o long ago, if I remember right? Hope all is well now. :thumbsup:
Thanks for the good vibes.
We married in November. Thank God we caught it in time.

bobakabob
04-22-2012, 02:09 AM
It would be good to see the LW Forum at CGTalk more active again so members can see what our favourite software's capable of.

robertoortiz
04-22-2012, 01:35 PM
I feel the same way...Trust me.
Buy me a beer in SIGGRAPH and I will have tales to tell.

Philbert
04-22-2012, 11:37 PM
It's not hard to get banned from CGTalk. I'm still on there but I'm banned from posting WIP's apparently.

DigitalSorcery8
04-22-2012, 11:46 PM
It's not hard to get banned from CGTalk. I'm still on there but I'm banned from posting WIP's apparently.

That'll teach ya to show your CG work on a CG forum! :bangwall: