PDA

View Full Version : Kung bodyboards - 3d logo

brunopeixoto
04-19-2012, 08:49 AM
For a friend...

Amurrell
04-19-2012, 02:26 PM
It's neat, but a little hard to read with all the waviness going on there.

brunopeixoto
04-19-2012, 02:53 PM
It's a opportunity to play with transparency and dielectric node.

nickdigital
04-23-2012, 05:07 PM
It's better...but as a logo it's still hard to read and instantly recognize.

brunopeixoto
04-24-2012, 10:48 AM
Where it started...

Dexter2999
04-24-2012, 11:08 AM
I think the "K" looks really good. But the rest of the text is lost in the uniformity of the texturing which breaks up the lines that define the shape. The texture is in effect camouflage for the lettering.

I would suggest using a solid color for the "ung" part of the logo. Something that says summer and fun, either yellow, orange, or red.

My two cents.

P.S. I think it might look cool if you could make that curve on the "K" look like a cresting wave with some white caps at the top.

brunopeixoto
04-24-2012, 03:51 PM
I've being playing with illumination and dielectric node, and noted that what matters is the ambient, or the backdrop. You can increases or decrease the light intensity with no diference...

sublimationman
04-26-2012, 03:40 AM
legibility of a logo is most important. I know you are trying to keep an all glass or water look but try making the bevel solid black and see how much it changes the readability. Or change the face to a solid color

brunopeixoto
04-26-2012, 02:30 PM
Bevel go to white.

DrStrik9
04-29-2012, 06:42 PM
Outline letters are just as hard to read as textured and/or low contrast letters. The thing about logo design is that if it's not REALLY readable, it's not a good design. The ultimate test for a logo is the "rubber stamp" test, where it's reproduced extremely small in B&W, and poorly printed (as in a rubber stamp). If it's still readable, it's a good design on readability.

Amurrell
05-01-2012, 12:32 PM
I would use the same font, flattened and then put something pertaining to water in the background, that is also "flat" so to speak to increase readability. If you like the 3D approach, then I would say lose the confusing water texture. Heck Apple has one of the most simple and readable logos out there.

On the body boards that I have seen, the logos are simple and easy to read, with very little dimension to them. Sometimes less is more. In actuality, this will have to be produced over and over again on different things like the product, possibly the letter head, signage, and so on and that adds up when dealing with colors and so on too. Plus you want to have someone come out of the water and someone on the beach be able to read this from a distance with ease, since it is advertising.

brunopeixoto
05-01-2012, 06:13 PM
Trying to use all tips...

brunopeixoto
05-02-2012, 01:45 AM
Improved readability...

Added a gradient with incidence to color channel.

brunopeixoto
05-02-2012, 02:41 AM
A small animation.