PDA

View Full Version : v11 Dynamics crash

Source
04-18-2012, 11:23 AM
Hi maybe some of you more seasoned guys could help me figure this one out?
Suddenly i cant add any of the FX in the Properties tab of an object without Layout crashing...
tried removing and reinstalling anyone ?

thanks

Source

DrStrik9
04-18-2012, 12:15 PM
Before reinstalling LW, I'd try trashing Prefs. This is why I try to keep a recent backup of all my Pref files.

Source
04-18-2012, 12:28 PM
Wow thank you so much

imshadi
04-20-2012, 06:31 PM
I experienced the same thing. There is very little control over what bullet does, and sometimes after a lot of messing around it gets unstable and suddenly you can't add new objects and the dynacaches get corrupted.

I tried editing the lws file by hand to get rid of all mentions of bullet, but it got difficult. After a while I decided to bake some of the elements with MDD and simulate other things later so that I did not loose things that I liked.

BTW to have new elements interact with old baked ones I had to use ClothFX, EditFX to output a motion path to a null for each of the pieces I wanted to interact with and then separate and attach the pieces to those nulls so they could become dynamic objects again. I even had to use an Euler Filter to clean the motions up so they wouldn't do strange things.

Bullet can't use a baked MDD object for dynamics... that's really really sad it made me not sleep for days!

DrStrik9
04-21-2012, 11:16 AM
Bullet can't use a baked MDD object for dynamics... that's really really sad it made me not sleep for days!

Bullet can't do object replacement either. Using Bullet = losing sleep. :)