PDA

View Full Version : NAB 2012 Update

robpowers3d
04-18-2012, 10:23 AM
NAB 2012 is going great. The NewTek booth looks top notch and there are tons of great clips from the amazing LightWave work done by our studios and users included in the booth looping reel.

It has been great to catch up with all of the LightWave artists and studios that are attending the show as well as updating the press to the latest projects being done with LightWave 11.

At the NewTek booth, The Emmy Award Winning Jarrod Davis and Artist Cody Burke are doing a very nice job demoing LightWave 11.0.1 on super fast LightBeam workstations and over at the Intel booth Lino Grandi is showcasing the incredible work in the feature film Iron Sky an demoing a jaw dropping comparison on the world's fastest Intel workstation from BOXX and gorgeous Wacom Cintiq tablets.

If you are at the show please stop by and check out our demos and see the other great presentations at our booth covering the new products for NAB.

Here are a few pictures for those of you that are not at the show. The images include some members of the LightWave development team who are at the show as well including David F., Matt G., and Lino G. as well as the mastermind of our strategic partnership with Intel, Michael Kornet.

Lewis
04-18-2012, 10:27 AM
Great looking Booth Rob, have a great time there and bring on more LWavers ;).

goakes
04-18-2012, 11:39 AM
Looks super! May sound silly but I all ways loved the energy at trade shows.

DrStrik9
04-18-2012, 12:13 PM
Looks great, and thanks for the update.

nickdigital
04-18-2012, 12:29 PM
Great looking booth.

I want the t-shirt that Matt is wearing!

BigHache
04-18-2012, 12:41 PM
I heard you guys have pulled quite the crowd at NAB. Well done!

What cameras are you using on the virtual set rig?

alexs3d
04-18-2012, 11:36 PM
thanks for the info rob, always nice to see the guys behind newtek and lightwave, i like the lw tshirt from matt :)

robpowers3d
04-19-2012, 12:48 AM
Thanks guys. Yes that Tshirt is from our November VFX Minds event in Hollywood where we showed LightWave 11 for the first time. It has the very cool LightWave 11 version of the logo which Matt designed with instances. I rendered a new stereoscopic version of it for NAB and it looked very cool shooting out of the screen as it spun around. The crowds seemed to really like it. We really have a strong presence at our booth and at the Intel booth and so many people are stopping to ask about Iron Sky and Blood & Chrome.

mav3rick
04-19-2012, 03:51 AM
Great looking booth.

I want the t-shirt that Matt is wearing!

u mean literally or? :)

Lightwolf
04-19-2012, 05:05 AM
Nice booth and good to see it getting a lot of attention. It's also nice to see a strong LW presence at a broadcast show.

... as well as the mastermind of our strategic partnership with Intel, Michael Kornet.
I'm looking forward to AVX support in LW11 SP2 then... ;)

Cheers,
Mike

Andy Webb
04-19-2012, 05:17 AM
It's all looking good, keep up the hard work :thumbsup: