PDA

View Full Version : DemoReel 2012

gowcaizer
04-17-2012, 01:48 PM
Hey guys I just wanted to share my latest demo reel, is mostly Nuke, Lightwave and Photoshop :) thanks for watching!

http://vimeo.com/36327477

OnlineRender
04-17-2012, 03:09 PM
stunning work!

gowcaizer
04-19-2012, 11:36 AM
thanks dude! glad it liked you :)

Bliz
04-19-2012, 04:05 PM
That's a great reel!
That petrol tanker shot looks insane (and it's over so quickly)

safetyman
04-20-2012, 05:16 AM
Amazing stuff man. One question: what was going on with the shot of the woman getting up from the couch? Was it some mistake in the original shot that needed to be fixed? I don't understand what was happening there.

skype6
04-20-2012, 06:35 AM
Truly inspirational:)

Mitja
04-20-2012, 07:25 AM
Amazing, I always wonder how people do the stuff you see in movies. If only I could learn...

gowcaizer
04-20-2012, 10:30 AM
Truly inspirational:)
Thanks for your kind words, glad it liked you :)

Amazing stuff man. One question: what was going on with the shot of the woman getting up from the couch? Was it some mistake in the original shot that needed to be fixed? I don't understand what was happening there.

yeah is kind of diffucult to understand that one, but the thing is, they recorded 3 times the same scene, the director choose the best performance of each actor and you have to grab them and make a full scene with them, the major chanllenge doing this is that since is not the same shot, deleting somebody will left a black hole, and for example you have to reconstruct arms, heads, legs or the background, and retime stuff, very painfull shots :S, same thing with the wire removals or the text replacement, in the girl with the dragon tattoo i had planty of them, very hard movie i had to reconstruct too much people :P thanks for watching!

That's a great reel!
That petrol tanker shot looks insane (and it's over so quickly)
thanks!! glad it liked you, yeah, i enjoyed too much doing that scene :) but is too short :P i barely had a chance to make a breakdown on it :D thanks for commenting :)

Amazing, I always wonder how people do the stuff you see in movies. If only I could learn...
:D sometimes when you make your work correctly people doesnt know you were behind the monitor 6 days for 3 seconds of movie :P keep working eventually studios give you good shots, it happened to many of my friends and of course to me, :) thanks for watching!

erikals
04-20-2012, 10:57 AM
Fighting Spider! http://forums.cgsociety.org/images/smilies/buttrock.gif

Cool stuff Mister, like your hand drawn art too, very nice!

erikals
04-20-2012, 11:01 AM
...yeah is kind of diffucult to understand that one, but the thing is, they recorded 3 times the same scene, the director choose the best performance of each actor and you have to grab them and make a full scene with them, the major chanllenge doing this is that since is not the same shot, deleting somebody will left a black hole, and for example you have to reconstruct arms, heads, legs or the background, and retime stuff, very painfull shots :S, same thing with the wire removals or the text replacement, in the girl with the dragon tattoo i had planty of them, very hard movie i had to reconstruct too much people :P thanks for watching!...

what i wondered for a long time is, wouldn't this be impossible if the movie was shot in 3D?

 

gowcaizer
04-20-2012, 11:10 AM
what i wondered for a long time is, wouldn't this be impossible if the movie was shot in 3D?

thanks!! :D not at all, for example in that pirates of caribbean shot for example I had to do the same thing reconstruct those guys in stereo, :S in that one for example, there were about 4 divers moving the boat and throwing water at them, thats the most painfull shot for me so far, i had to reconstruct that thing twice, sometimes when you correct something in one eye, it works if you just offset and warp it, but sometimes you have to do it again from scratch, bad thing that those guys didnt let us to show a breakdown of that one :(, thanks for commenting!

erikals
04-20-2012, 11:50 AM
ey, that's very cool, didn't think it would work :]

thanks for answering, it's always fun to know how the professionals cook \:]
 

kadri
04-21-2012, 04:57 AM
Nice reel and good information :)

gowcaizer
04-23-2012, 02:21 PM
ey, that's very cool, didn't think it would work :]

thanks for answering, it's always fun to know how the professionals cook \:]

hehe thanks! yeah actually first time i had to do that kind of work in stereo i also thought it was impossible :P

Nice reel and good information :)

thanks! :D glad it was usefull

biliousfrog
04-25-2012, 03:50 AM
Really nice work, your painting is excellent.

ksnoad
04-25-2012, 08:44 AM
Wow! Very nice stuff :)

Kev xx

DrStrik9
04-25-2012, 08:46 AM
Wow!!!

prometheus
05-17-2012, 12:03 PM
awesome

jokerz
05-23-2012, 10:33 AM
Amazing Work.
Congrat.:thumbsup:

lardbros
06-19-2012, 06:49 AM
Stuunnnnnnnnnnnning! Always enjoy seeing the work that is actually 'invisible'! :) Great job!

evolross
06-19-2012, 09:25 PM
I love that spider shot! I didn't even notice the car and the tanker were CG until the wires came on! Nice work. :)

That's some good Lightwave work there. Kudos.