PDA

View Full Version : How about increasing the size of the....

Jockomo
10-23-2003, 12:38 AM
No, it's not spam ...

Here is a little change I'd like to see, I find that I grab for this little thing all the time to drag the windows around as I work, and all to often I miss it. I don't know what it's called, but I'd like to see it a little bigger. If you happen to miss it, and have a tool up like move or rotate, it can be hazardous.

Like so:

evenflcw
10-23-2003, 02:18 AM
With me it's completely the other way around :-/. I grab those damn viewport edges all to often when I don't want to. So I would like a way to lock them down aswell so I can't accidentally start resizing my viewports.

Ztreem
10-23-2003, 05:11 AM
I agree with evenflcw. A way to lock the viewports sounds good and maybe a buttton to center it again.

Exper
10-23-2003, 05:17 AM
What about additional floating view-ports?

Jockomo
10-25-2003, 10:40 PM
evenflcw... good point, I do that too. Maybe a leftclick on it would toggle the icon into an X - locking it in place.

"What about additional floating view-ports?" - Exper
...drool... that would be sweet.

Matt
10-26-2003, 03:50 AM
locking viewports would be a great idea, I'm also wondering whether being able to lock each one individually would be of any benefit?

I'd also like the ability to have a delayed update in the viewports, at the moment if you have a complex scene and you re-size a viewport the mouse jerks all over the place as LW tries to keep up.

A simple click-drag then update!

I also vote for the reset-centre button!!

Some very good, simple ideas here!

hrgiger
10-26-2003, 04:31 AM
I think it would be cool to lock down the resize and just push the third mouse button (scroll wheel) anywhere within the windows and just drag around to resize. I have never once used it for anything else in modeler. That way, you don't accidentally select the resize tool and you don't have to be precise either.