PDA

View Full Version : Mac OS Questions about Live Set.

aperezg
04-15-2012, 03:35 PM
I read almost all thread of LiveSet general support forum.

I am a Mac user since 2006. And LightWave user since version 9.0 to version 11
I found that not exist Liveset Generator for Mac, only for Windows PC 32 bits version, and Lightwave 9.6 32 bits.

If I want to create a virtual set in Lightwave, I need switch to Windows via Boot Camp app, I have not use Windows since XP version (Dell PC 2004).

Q 1- Do I need to buy other license of LightWave?
I never register Lightwave for Windows, I don't have License Key for Windows, in my registration page.

Q 2- Do I need other Hardware lock?
I have a Rainbow duo dongle.

Q 3- The Live set generator, make SD sets format 4:3 and 16:9 Wide screen.
Can I meke HD serts format 16:9 HD 720 (1280 x 720 ) and full HD 1080 (1920 x 1080).

Q 4- Live set Generator and LightWave 9 run in Windows 7 home edicion ( the cheaper version of Windows ).

Q 5- Live set Generator Run in lightWave 10.1 or 11.0

Thanks for help
Alejandro

billmi
04-15-2012, 04:04 PM
I found that not exist Liveset Generator for Mac, only for Windows PC 32 bits version, and Lightwave 9.6 32 bits.

That is correct.

If I want to create a virtual set in Lightwave, I need switch to Windows via Boot Camp app, I have not use Windows since XP version (Dell PC 2004).

Yes. If you install Windows 7 with bootcamp you will be in for a pleasant surprise, it is vastly improved over Windows XP.

Q 1- Do I need to buy other license of LightWave?
I never register Lightwave for Windows, I don't have License Key for Windows, in my registration page.

No, NewTek is very cool about that, the same license works for both.
I I've been using LW 9.6 for years and just recently activated it for OS X as well.

Q 2- Do I need other Hardware lock?
I have a Rainbow duo dongle.

You will likely need to generate a separate key, (32 bit and 64 bit keys are different). If you have a problem get in touch with NewTek Tech support. I ran into a glitch (the keys generated where labeled backwards for 32 and 64 bit) and they walked me through it pretty quickly.

Q 3- The Live set generator, make SD sets format 4:3 and 16:9 Wide screen.

Yes.

Can I meke HD serts format 16:9 HD 720 (1280 x 720 ) and full HD 1080 (1920 x 1080).

No, the LiveSet generator only makes LiveSet format sets - they are compatible with the standard definition tricasters only, they don't work on the HD Tricasters.

Q 4- Live set Generator and LightWave 9 run in Windows 7 home edicion ( the cheaper version of Windows ).

Yes.

Q 5- Live set Generator Run in lightWave 10.1 or 11.0

I do not believe so.

SBowie
04-15-2012, 05:13 PM
Please keep in mind that the LiveSet plugins for LW are only for use when creating the "SD-only" LiveSets for use with the earlier models like Pro, Studio and Broadcast. For the newer HD systems, you need VSE. While VSE is a Windows only app, you can run it on your TriCaster, and it can use output from any 3D application - including LW running under OS X.

aperezg
04-15-2012, 08:19 PM
Thanks for your quickly answer. They help me a lot