PDA

View Full Version : LW 8 on sale at Safeharbor (cheaper)

SLAYER
10-22-2003, 08:40 PM
LW8 is on sale at safeharbor cheaper than at Newtek along with the current upgrade price for $20 cheaper. It also looks like you get an old volumetrics VHS tape for free (whatever that is worth).

Might not be much, but 20 bucks is 20 bucks. The outright purchase for $1199 or $1225 w/Inside LW 8 seems pretty good though:

http://www.sharbor.com/catalog/030.html

Just letting the community know.

Found this half hour after ordering mine on Newteks site. Oh well.
I still want the $99 upgrade to the upgrade for the box, manual and cd though. I have been told I can call them and add that to the upgrade price. Anybody know? Newtek has not responded to my inquiries, but I did not want to miss out so I bought today.

TyVole
10-22-2003, 09:00 PM
Keyframe is giving away a one-year US subscription ($54) if you buy the upgrade from them.

WizCraker
10-22-2003, 09:40 PM
I just called Newtek up and said I want to order the upgrade, recieved DFX+ within 2 days of ordering. Then again I only live a couple hours a way from them. Either way I seem to only buy from Newtek directly now.

mattclary
10-23-2003, 11:30 AM
I always order direct from Newtek so they don't have to split the profit. If it was a huge price difference, I might not.

WizCraker
10-23-2003, 03:49 PM
If it was a huge price difference I would be questioning the seller. Then again I bought my upgrade from 6 to 7 from Dynamic-Realities now that I think about it.

hairy_llama
10-23-2003, 04:11 PM
I bought my lw7.5 "used" from ebay for $600 a while back. I will probably have to upgrade to 8 through newtek though; I doubt anyone will be selling it for a while.

Alan Daniels
10-24-2003, 03:23 PM
Originally posted by WizCraker
I just called Newtek up and said I want to order the upgrade, recieved DFX+ within 2 days of ordering. Then again I only live a couple hours a way from them.

I live in Atlanta, and my copy of DFX+ showed up within a couple of days as well. Nice, snappy service. Still drooling waiting for LW8.