PDA

View Full Version : Remote Audio control for Tricaster

NachoJimenez
04-13-2012, 07:06 AM
Unleash the audio mixing hardware sitting inside your high definition Tricaster™ with an intuitive multitouch application that works in any iPad.

Take full control of the Tricaster audio mixer with a super-easy to use surface controller.

Buy it now for only 99$
http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/tcxd-audiomixer/id515415767?l=es&ls=1&mt=8

More information:
http://tcxd.unmardedatos.com/

Features:

* One button access to audio presets
* Mute, solo, follow button.Talk/Mono button depending on input type selection. All buttons have visual indication of current state.
* Faders for every channel, dual faders for mic/mic+phantom channels.
* Pan control. Double pan control for mic/mic+phantom channels.
* Touch-sensitive Interactive LED panel for each channel:
* Display current input type or output selection.
* Change input types (mic, mic+phantom, line, aes3, sdi, quad) and output selections(ddr1, ddr2,sound,internal,all,solo).
* Multitouch: Manipulate up to 11 objects simultaneously, to enable crossfading channels, something imposible with a mouse.
* Visual update: All controls update the shown value if a change is performed in the tricaster user interface (*)

http://www.unmardedatos.es/TCXD/images/screenshot2.png

Red Dog Records
04-13-2012, 07:13 AM
Looks nice!
I would totally buy this if I had an iPad...

PIZAZZ
04-13-2012, 08:45 AM
Done and installed. Fantastic work Nacho!!

rally1
04-13-2012, 11:58 AM
wow looks amazing

PS (spelling mistake on "conection' in above screenshot )

PIZAZZ
04-13-2012, 12:57 PM
wow looks amazing

It is amazing. Just what we have needed to complete out the TriCaster setups.

You going to be in Vegas for NAB, Dan?

I can show you it installed then if you want to see it.

Lee-AVP
04-13-2012, 02:15 PM
And excellent timing, too. If I were a betting man, I would bet this saves a few people a few bucks at NAB this year.

rally1
04-13-2012, 02:35 PM
You going to be in Vegas for NAB, Dan?

Can't make it this time.

NachoJimenez
04-13-2012, 04:09 PM
Thanks Jeff and Dan. Lee, i hope so, we've been using it for a month and it's definitely made a huge difference in the way we handle our productions..

It should have been out 10 days ago, but apple store review policies are slow.

Any comments or feature requests are welcome. :)

GeekNews
04-13-2012, 05:34 PM
This is FANTASTIC purchasing it later today!

Please tell me you are working on a similar app or a add on to this one that will allow you to do switching!

Todd..

mtasker
04-14-2012, 10:42 AM
We use Tricaster for Awards Ceremonies. We use a simple programme on a laptop to fire in the stings and jingles for example when a winner is announced because its easier to operate than he built in players in Tricaster. Would there be any chance that your system could play in the audio files in the sounds player? That would complete the audio aspect of Tricaster Perfectly.*

I've just bought your app. Well done. I havent had a chance to try it yet but it is exactly what I've been waiting for.*

Thanks

Mark

Sent from my iPad

doublexx
04-15-2012, 02:58 PM
Does it work with the TCXD300?

PIZAZZ
04-16-2012, 12:21 AM
Yes it does

NachoJimenez
04-16-2012, 04:28 AM
Would there be any chance that your system could play in the audio files in the sounds player? That would complete the audio aspect of Tricaster Perfectly.*

I've just bought your app. Well done. I havent had a chance to try it yet but it is exactly what I've been waiting for.*
[...]
Sent from my iPad

Thanks!!

Great suggestion, Jeff already suggested to me something along those lines. Duly noted, i'll have to rummage around the SDK and see if it can be done, it should be possible.

You should change that "Sent from my iPad" line to "Sent from my multitouch audio mixer:" ;)

NachoJimenez
04-16-2012, 04:40 AM
This is FANTASTIC purchasing it later today!

Please tell me you are working on a similar app or a add on to this one that will allow you to do switching!

Todd..

Thanks Todd, and thanks for the tweet!.

I definitely have a couple more products coming down the line, but a 850CS substitute is not one of them.

Lack of audio control was a real problem for us, so i went and solved it, but we use the LC11 or 850CS for video mixing and they work great. Since we don't need it for our productions and I'm not really sure if it'll be useful for a wide enough audience, it's not on my plans.

If you need something catered specifically to your needs, just let me know, i'll be happy to make ad hoc solutions, even with custom branding and a tailored user interface.

Thanks for the review!
Nacho

rally1
04-16-2012, 12:38 PM
Is this "similar but different" to what will be coming from Newtek for the 855 455?

NachoJimenez
04-17-2012, 10:09 AM
Obviosuly i don't have access to the 855 or to Newtek's app yet, but I've been told by Newtek unofficial channels that their app's functionality won't be as comprenhensive as TCXD Audiomixer, and both will be able to co-exist.

I'm currently supporting TCXD300, 450, 450EX, 850 and 850EX. The upcoming 855 and 455 should work too, but it is untested yet.

SBowie
04-17-2012, 10:17 AM
The timing of the announcement of NewTek's own audio app is a bit unfortunate in light of this release, but the truth is it's been in development for quite awhile, word was already out in some circles, and backing away from it really wasn't an option. I'll agree, though, that it appears to me too that there is certainly room for both. We're very pleased to have such splendid third-party support.

NachoJimenez
04-17-2012, 04:16 PM
The timing of the announcement of NewTek's own audio app is a bit unfortunate in light of this release, but the truth is it's been in development for quite awhile, word was already out in some circles, and backing away from it really wasn't an option. I'll agree, though, that it appears to me too that there is certainly room for both. We're very pleased to have such splendid third-party support.

Totally understandable, the lack of audio control over the Tricaster was a huge problem, and the feature request was out there since a long time ago.

I developed my app for in-house use and released it b/c i thought it would be useful for many people.. That said, the sooner the specifications of Newtek's app are out, the better for everyone, so people can make an informed decision and I can improve mine to further differentiate it!

I'll accept a TC 8000 as a compensatory gift, though :D

GeekNews
04-18-2012, 05:33 PM
Having laid eyeballs on the Newtek app I still think you have a significant edge on them.

Todd

NachoJimenez
04-19-2012, 06:54 AM
Any news on when the information will be made public?

lgrijander
05-07-2012, 01:18 PM
Nacho, cool app. Does it works with the Studio? I guess that the answer is no, but just wonder if you have plans to make it compatible.

NachoJimenez
05-11-2012, 11:19 AM
Nacho, cool app. Does it works with the Studio? I guess that the answer is no, but just wonder if you have plans to make it compatible.

My app depends directly on the Tricaster Remote SDK which is currently unavailable in the SD Tricasters. If Newtek implements it, i'll gladly support it, but it does not seem probable.

digiview
05-13-2012, 03:59 AM
Just used this app on a job and in my opinion it's a must have bit of kit on the operators desk. Hey Nacho if can produce a app with basic video switching I would buy that as well.
Cheers

NachoJimenez
05-13-2012, 07:25 AM
Just used this app on a job and in my opinion it's a must have bit of kit on the operators desk. Hey Nacho if can produce a app with basic video switching I would buy that as well.
Cheers

Thanks for the input! All reviews have been awesome, It's great to have so much positive feedback :)

I do accept customized projects so if you need something catered specifically to your needs, sketch it and I'll be glad to send you a personalized budget.

Cheers,
Nacho

David Curle
06-10-2012, 08:48 PM
Nacho the iPad is very small.
Is there any change of porting your app to the new Samsung series 7 slate?
It has a gorilla glass surface and appears to be awesome for category.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bunh6Htdxj4

GeekNews
06-11-2012, 12:17 AM
Hey Nacho if can produce a app with basic video switching I would buy that as well.
Cheers

I second that.. When we do long shows 10 hours at a shot, it would be nice to let the tricaster go eat and let the host switch..

ZachSchuster
06-11-2012, 07:25 AM
I second that.. When we do long shows 10 hours at a shot, it would be nice to let the tricaster go eat and let the host switch..

What model Tricaster do you have? Mine doesn't need to eat... I tried cramming a slice of pizza into one of the drive bays once. I don't recommend it. :hey:

GeekNews
06-11-2012, 11:28 AM
What model Tricaster do you have? Mine doesn't need to eat... I tried cramming a slice of pizza into one of the drive bays once. I don't recommend it. :hey:

Well you know it has to go out and get a special electric power up. :) Great Typo ehh.. Yea meant to say the Tricaster Operator.

NachoJimenez
06-12-2012, 04:50 PM
I've been designing a new app that might suit your needs.. We also do 10 hours show, so having a remote control (and routing the multiview monitor to a TV in the bathroom) sounds like a great idea. The Tricaster might not need to pee, but our operators sure do ;)

If all goes ok with apple aproval process, i think i'll be out at the end of this month, or early july.

About porting to Android: I'm not against it, but the market is not big enough right now to justify the costs involved, my developments are mainly for in-house use, and we own iPads. If i sense a huge interest on it, a Android version could come out, but since you can buy an iPad 1 for 200 bucks, i guess is not that important anymore..

davedude
06-13-2012, 03:15 PM
Very interested!

I have an iPad but I currently use an external mixer with my Tricaster XD300 because the XD300 did not have enough audio inputs for my needs. The external Mixer I use, Presonus Studiolive, actually has an iPad app to control the audio mixer as well which has come in handy. I could use an external application for the video switching on my iPad for sure when I have to step away from my LC11

bryanharley
06-16-2012, 07:48 PM
Very interested here as well! Simple video switching app would be awesome.

digiview
06-17-2012, 12:07 PM
Hi Nacho I would also be interested in a video switching app which also has the RECORD, GRAB and Stream switches.
Thanks

W_Morningstar
06-18-2012, 12:01 PM
Downloaded app and tried to run it. Doesn't seem to want to work with my Tricaster XD850. I've entered the IP address and the app reports 'Connection Established.' Power button is blinking, but add doesn't display any audio channels, and pressing any of the P buttons does nothing.

Anyone have any suggestions?

NachoJimenez
06-18-2012, 01:19 PM
Downloaded app and tried to run it. Doesn't seem to want to work with my Tricaster XD850. I've entered the IP address and the app reports 'Connection Established.' Power button is blinking, but add doesn't display any audio channels, and pressing any of the P buttons does nothing.

Anyone have any suggestions?

Send an email message to [email protected] with the tricaster software version you're running.

David Curle
06-21-2012, 04:17 PM
Nacho there is an international buy problem with your product.
i logged into Itunes USA and they wont accept a credit card if it is not an American one.
So I go to the New Zealand Itunes store, and they say your product is not registered with Itunes New Zealand.
STUCK! -And I just bought the iPad specially for it!
David

NachoJimenez
06-26-2012, 09:50 AM
Nacho there is an international buy problem with your product.
i logged into Itunes USA and they wont accept a credit card if it is not an American one.
So I go to the New Zealand Itunes store, and they say your product is not registered with Itunes New Zealand.
STUCK! -And I just bought the iPad specially for it!
David

I'M Looking into it right know, will keep you posted.

NachoJimenez
06-26-2012, 09:56 AM
This should link to the NZ appstore direcly:

http://itunes.apple.com/nz/app/tcxd-audiomixer/id515415767?mt=8#

rally1
06-27-2012, 12:13 PM
I've been designing a new app that might suit your needs..
If all goes ok with apple aproval process, i think i'll be out at the end of this month, or early july.

Sounds great, how's it looking? UUID for beta testing in hand ;)

nitnit
07-02-2012, 03:32 PM
I just found this thread! This is great. Will this work on the Tricaster 855?

Thanks,

PIZAZZ
07-02-2012, 04:06 PM
I just found this thread! This is great. Will this work on the Tricaster 855?

Thanks,

Works just fine on ours.

David Curle
08-06-2012, 06:37 PM
I have purchased this software and an iPad especially for the XD300.
However although I have used it sucessfully on an 850 TC I just cant seem to get it to bring up a full image when using it with my XD300.
It brings up a part of the intreface but sits there searching for the actual faders etc
What is wrong?
This is now urgent as I have a large event coming up real soon.

vanderwielen
08-06-2012, 07:01 PM
Massively cool app. here's some ideas:

Make P1-P14 highlight to show which is active.
Provide transport control of 'Sounds' or a player for internal music.
Allow sliders to be Labeled
Double-Click on slider to set to zero and balance to center

But my compliments to the author. A very sweet solution.

NachoJimenez
08-07-2012, 08:16 AM
Massively cool app. here's some ideas:

Make P1-P14 highlight to show which is active.
Provide transport control of 'Sounds' or a player for internal music.
Allow sliders to be Labeled
Double-Click on slider to set to zero and balance to center

But my compliments to the author. A very sweet solution.

Thanks for the input and the compliments!

NachoJimenez
08-07-2012, 08:17 AM
I have purchased this software and an iPad especially for the XD300.
However although I have used it sucessfully on an 850 TC I just cant seem to get it to bring up a full image when using it with my XD300.
It brings up a part of the intreface but sits there searching for the actual faders etc
What is wrong?
This is now urgent as I have a large event coming up real soon.

Nothing wrong as such. Expected behaviour: the XD300 only has 3 channels of audio, so the rest of them wont show up.

WeMediaProject
08-17-2012, 12:53 AM
Did Tricaster ever releaser their audio ipad app

David Curle
08-17-2012, 02:03 AM
Nothing wrong as such. Expected behaviour: the XD300 only has 3 channels of audio, so the rest of them wont show up.

I don't think I described the error properly.

With the 300 I am getting no faders at all. Every fader fill out with 850 type titles, but the windows are blank. The subheading says searching.

Only one fader is filled, fader 15, labelled stream. But it is non-responsive.

I have swapped out routers, and tried it on other types of Tricasters. I only have the problem with my TCXD 300. It is fully updated.

Any thoughts?

NachoJimenez
08-21-2012, 03:39 AM
Sorry for the delay in replying btut i´ve been out of office for the last 10 days.

I´m going to set up my Tricaster and test the app on different conditions, try to see what's happening to you. Expect a reply later this week.

joseburgos
08-30-2012, 07:40 PM
Nacho,
Does your audio mixer app have a "execute mem" type of feature? Example, input 1 fader down, input Sound up. Press execute 1 and it lowers Input Sound and raises Input 1 at predetermined pause.

Thanks in advance

PIZAZZ
08-31-2012, 10:57 AM
Jose,

I am not Nacho (though I frequently eat them so I kind of look Nacho-ish) but I thought I would try to answer your question. Right now in the app as it is published, the preset buttons just access the tab presets in the Audio Mixer module. Nacho mentioned to me that we was going to try to put in that kind of cross fading capability in future versions if it was even possible.

joseburgos
09-01-2012, 09:21 AM
Thanks
I always use external mixer but be good for times I have background music straight out of the TriCaster, would be better than the mouse and drag method I do now :)

David Curle
11-14-2012, 06:44 PM
No Nacho, no faders come up at all here is no control at all. It Has "searching" displayed also.

SneakyC
01-10-2013, 10:24 PM
Hi, this is my first post, and it is a question.
I am using the Tricaster for Live Web Streaming.
In most cases i get a dedicated ip to hook onto the web to ensure the best upload speeds.
I need to get my hands on an external audio mixer for my Tricaster. This iPad has to connect via ip address.
Would the connection work between the iPad and the Tricaster while I am streaming out on a dedicated ip address? Would I also need a router for?
Any help here would be great before I go buy the iPad and App.

I Use the Tricaster 855.

Lee-AVP
01-11-2013, 08:36 AM
As long as the iPad and Tricaster are on the same network and share the first three segments of their IP addresses, static vs dynamic makes no difference. Getting the ipad onto the same network as the Tricaster may require the use of a router, depending on how your internet connection is set up. Usually when you get a static IP from a venue it's on a totally different network than the venue wireless. So what you can do is, set your router to use that static IP, and then turn on DHCP for devices on your LAN side of the router. iPad and Tricaster pull IPs from the router and are happy to talk to each other.

PIZAZZ
01-11-2013, 09:33 AM
Agree with Lee. We practically always implement a router of our own that plugs into the house provided internet and IP parameters. Just don't cheap out on the router. Your stream reliability is only as good as your weakest link. Invest in a quality router and learn it inside and out. We have been using some Cisco and also the Cradlepoint MBR1400 when we need a backup LTE modem at our disposal. Which is often lately.

SneakyC
01-11-2013, 12:43 PM
Thanks for your response guys. This certainly is a fantastic solution to getting "hands on" with audio. I have not seen an external mixing board that Newtek, or anyone else makes that will allow me to communicate with the DDR or the sound player etc. Is this the only one out there?

adebats
03-12-2013, 09:58 AM
Hi Nacho

Did you ever implement those programmed buttons where you could do multiple things with one press. I'm ready to cross to the dark side just for this App :)

PIZAZZ
03-12-2013, 06:51 PM
Hi Nacho

Did you ever implement those programmed buttons where you could do multiple things with one press. I'm ready to cross to the dark side just for this App :)

Come on over... It's not that bad.

adebats
03-13-2013, 01:59 PM
Do you have an email for Nacho Jeff ? PM me please :)