PDA

View Full Version : I gots me a plan

KissMyGrits
10-22-2003, 04:34 PM
Ok, bare with me here. I've been thinking about this for a while, if it's totally out of line lemme know. Get this: Time independent from the frame slider. I don't know if it's been done, or tried, and hell if I'm going to look, but itsounds like a good idea to me. Just think about it. The time could be disassociated from the slider by a checkbox or something, or just by changing it, and could then be manipulated in the graph editor. The purpose of this would be to allow for easier mass-manipulation of key-frame positions on the frame slider. All we've got now (as far as I know) is Shift/Scale Keys and the option of moving them entirely manually. But hasn't anybody else ever wanted to taper key-frames? Something it would seem a simply TCB-Spline would cure, but there is seemingly no way of applying said spline. This would open up all kinds of manipulation options. Imagine multiple time scales in a single scene. In retrospect, this would probably be more functionally feasable as a speed curve... If anybody has heard of the existence of any helpful plug-in, or just any discussion of this type please let me know, and any input on the matter will be greatly appreciated.

**See my original post in the General **
http://vbulletin.newtek.com/showthread.php?s=&postid=90327
I wish we could move our own threads.

Mylenium
10-23-2003, 12:14 AM
Well, there is a plugin from Tuff Little Unit that does time-remapping right now. Maybe there will be a native function for this in v8.

Mylenium

KissMyGrits
10-23-2003, 04:04 PM
Yeah, but that's just for the camera (as far as I know)! This would be greatest for seperate objects and such.