PDA

View Full Version : ctlvisible and ctltext

nickdigital
04-11-2012, 11:49 AM
Does ctlvisible not affect ctltext? If I change ctltext to ctlstring I can control visibility. But not if I go back to ctltext.

xchrisx
04-11-2012, 03:19 PM
From quickly testing it, it would seem that it doesnt work. I even tested ctlrefresh and it didnt make a difference. Flexible UI controls are unfortunately not one of Lightwave's strong suits.

nickdigital
04-11-2012, 03:42 PM
From quickly testing it, it would seem that it doesnt work. I even tested ctlrefresh and it didnt make a difference. Flexible UI controls are unfortunately not one of Lightwave's strong suits.

Thx for confirming. I'm gonna Fog this.

Blochi
05-03-2012, 01:31 PM
It does work on the text itself, not the label (i.e. the second ctltext parameter). And it only works by modding the control directly, that is for example c1.visible(false).
Still sorta sketchy, because it doesn't always clean up the background completely.

sami
05-03-2012, 04:31 PM
As a workaround in the meantime, maybe put the ctltext into a ctltab and hide the tab?

Blochi
05-03-2012, 06:27 PM
tabs are worse, they do not actually refresh ctltext visibility at all. But calling the property directly does.

sami
05-04-2012, 03:56 AM
thanks I didn't know that...

Blochi
05-04-2012, 04:53 AM
well, just try it - might also be something else, my scripts tend to be spaghettied.

But I know for sure that the label (first parameter) of a ctltext is only trouble. Never use it. It even looks ugly when its displayed "correctly", because it has this old-school shadow that is now brighter than the background. Always use it like this:

ctltext("","now start talking","second line",...);