PDA

View Full Version : How do I do a double box set with a motion background (DDR) and the "A" box is keyed.

davedude
04-10-2012, 04:42 PM
Hello.

I have a TCXD300. I also have Virtual Studio Editior (VSE).

There are plenty of double box sets on VSE, but I am trying to do a double box set with a motion background (using DDR). I need the "A" Box to have a STILL chroma key background as well. the "B" box doesn't need to have a virtual background but "A" does...WHILE the motion background is playing behind box A and box B

Any ideas?

kltv
04-10-2012, 06:32 PM
You'd have to use the "Overlay" layer for one of the two DVEs. Basically, put the DDR in B, and your double boxed video sources in A and the Overlay. You'd need to position them both using the switcher positioner controls. The VSE product won't help you here since you need the motion background.

Kris

PIZAZZ
04-10-2012, 09:58 PM
Actually had a client last week that I helped work through this same concept.

We did use VSE and Photoshop. Built a liveset with Input B full screen in the background. Put Input A in a small PIP box, then used the overlay to add in the 2nd PIP box. Did one version with a floating frame that is the same as the InputA. Since it is all setup in a virtual input, they can transition to it at will complete or individually fade in and out the overlay layer. Do a couple at various zoom relationships to add some production value. Start tight on Input A and zoom out to add in both PIPs

davedude
04-11-2012, 10:27 AM
Thank you both for your ideas! It looks like the basic concept is you make the motion DDR layer a full screen "Input B" then Box A is "Input A" then Box B is "Overlay". Box A/Input A will have to be the source that I can use the chromakey/virtual background with. This solution sounds like it will work for me!

Thanks Again for your ideas!

-Dave

joseburgos
04-29-2012, 06:35 PM
This is one I did for a client that he totally loves;
http://www.livestream.com/propperhockey/video?clipId=pla_577171d1-8c7e-4b6a-be7a-40236851be8f&utm_source=lslibrary&utm_medium=ui-thumb
Client wanted a two box with motion background as well as wanted it to match his existing graphics/titles.

Tip: Blur or use a muted color palette for the motion background so as not to distract the attention from the boxes.

Take care,