PDA

View Full Version : is there a free iphone app for storyboarding?

ArtGoblin
04-06-2012, 03:46 PM
anyone know of a good Iphone app that let's you organize storyboards...? ohhhh and another requirement is that it should be free ;)

stephenbuck415
04-07-2012, 11:45 PM
Try http://celtx.com (click the downloads tab to see a list of features).

Celtx doesn't have as many features (or the publicity) of software produced by Write Bros. or Final Draft, but it provides the essentials many writers need--in particular today, cloud storage.

It's also available through iTunes.

ArtGoblin
04-08-2012, 08:30 AM
Thanks.... I had allready stumbled upon it, but it seems to me that i need to pay a bit for the iphone app extension that includes what I really want... I may just have to give in and stop trying to get away with only using the free apps hehe... what I'm mainly interested in is finding a neat solution.... let's say I've drawn out on paper a storyboard... I'd like to be able to quickly put that into digital form which would allow me to interactively zoom out or in on the whole and as well "slide" between frames... and re-arrange... but it wouldn't nessisarily have to be something that I could do within the Iphone, but I'd like to be able to view it in the iphone... am I making sense?

raw-m
04-08-2012, 11:00 AM
Sounds like dragging a pdf to iTunes, syncing and using iBooks on your iPhone is all you need here!

ArtGoblin
04-08-2012, 11:23 AM
sounds like a good solution,
not much experience creating pdf's... is it that simple?

raw-m
04-08-2012, 12:32 PM
I'm on a mac, so yes! Open up your pages/jpgs etc in Preview and you can drag the thumbnails around to the order you like, then save/export as a pdf and plonk it in iTunes. Not sure of a PC solution but I'm sure theres something equivalent.

Bliz
04-08-2012, 04:02 PM
or Libre Office on Windows or Linux (free) let's you make such pdf's in their equivalent of PowerPoint