PDA

View Full Version : Tricaster and Livestream

Svtv
04-05-2012, 06:21 PM
I am using livestream with my tricaster studio and we have been experiencing a significant lag with video playback from the DDR only.

No matter how we compress the DDR it always comes out choppy when running on livestream.

Our tricaster is up to date as of 3/30/12.

Is there anything else I can do to increase the fluidity of the video?

Svtv
04-06-2012, 11:36 AM
I am using livestream with my tricaster studio and we have been experiencing a significant lag with video playback from the DDR only.

No matter how we compress the DDR it always comes out choppy when running on livestream.

Our tricaster is up to date as of 3/30/12.

Is there anything else I can do to increase the fluidity of the video?

vanderwielen
04-06-2012, 03:58 PM
you'll need to describe your setup in more detail. are you saying that while you are streaming, playing a DDR becomes choppy. does the DDR play correctly when not streaming? which tricaster do you have? what profile are you using when streaming?

Ozybigal
04-06-2012, 05:54 PM
A few more details is needed before we can nail this down.

Is this a DDR playback issue that you can see on your output? (when you are streaming)

Or is this an issue that the DDR material looks much worse when viewed on livestream?

Please define "choppy" - does it play for a bit freeze then play some more, or does the frame rate seem less than normal but consistent, or do you mean the pictures are made up of blocks.

If the DDR looks OK on your TriCaster you might need to use different settings for livestream, perhaps more frames per second or more bits per second will help.

Ozybigal
04-06-2012, 05:55 PM
Just a thought, it might even be a problem at livestream!

wambli
06-19-2012, 06:34 PM
Please Please tell me where you got the plugin for live stream. I have been searching for it in my download section of trickster studio but cannot find it. I just did all the updates of the trickster. Just to let you know. Have a stream to do in two days. Panic mode.

Lee-AVP
06-19-2012, 08:16 PM
Which Tricaster do you have, and why do you need the plugin? It's bundled, not a download, on the HD Tricasters. There is no plugin available for the SD Tricasters.

And even then.. most of us aren't using the plugin as it is unstable on 4. Some folks on 5 (855 and 455) report that it works very well, so that's good news for the future.

But for now? Just plug in the RTMP settings and roll on.

csandy
06-20-2012, 01:11 PM
I believe wambli is using a TriCaster Studio.

So Lee is correct, no LiveStream plugin, but you can set it up manually, and for some, that is the ideal procedure.

P_Swindall
09-10-2012, 10:01 PM
So... WHAT is the solution for Livestream WITH a TriCaster Studio???

mtash
09-12-2012, 01:05 AM
Follow the direction here: http://www.livestream.com/userguide/index.php?title=Use_NewTek_TriCaster