PDA

View Full Version : LayerMaker Instalation

Rich Deustachio
10-22-2003, 01:03 PM
I just installed Illution Layer Maker on my system but it isn't showing up in the Aura Filters VI menu. Has anyone gotten this to work?

Rich Deustachio
10-23-2003, 01:05 PM
Here is an update, I had installed the program to the wrong directory, the VT version of Layer Maker has to be pointed to the VT3 folder. Thanks to Jeff in Tech support at Illusion Layer Maker I got it working.

eon5
10-23-2003, 07:22 PM
Layer Maker ?

what is it !?

Rich Deustachio
10-23-2003, 11:13 PM
It is a plug in that lets you create motion paths in Aura to be used in Particle Illusion (http://www.wondertouch.com/v30_info.asp) particle program.

eon5
10-24-2003, 06:14 AM
tkx Rich !

looks very very nice !

what about Particle Illusion Vs Mirage ?

Rich Deustachio
10-24-2003, 04:14 PM
I don't have Mirage so I couldn't compare the two.

Steve Thompson
10-26-2003, 10:52 PM
Hi eon5,

There really is no need to compare Particle Illusion vs Mirage as one is used for particle effects (PI) and the other (Mirage) is used for so many other things like compositing, roto-scoping, titling, 2d animation, converting files, touching up pictures, creating DVE's and the list goes on and on.

That is unless you're wondering about emitters (particles) and how they compare to each other.

You should download the demo of PI at www.particleillusion.com and see what it has to offer. They have 1000's of emitters for free plus you can make your own.

I use PI in conjunction with Aura's stroke recorder to draw out titles with sparkles or pixie dust coming off of the strokes as it spells out the title letter by letter. Have not tried it yet with Mirage but I'm gonna try.

PI is a simple easy to use program with professional results that can enhance any video project. Use it with Lightwave or any video you have to create rocket blasts, smoke, starfields, cascading water, explosions, Buffy the Vampire - Vampire to Dust effects, Lightsabres, Star Trek - Beam Me Up effects, etc.

The price is ridiculously low for what it does.

Take Care,
Steve