PDA

View Full Version : Edge Loops

michaeldejong
04-05-2012, 02:42 PM
Hi sorry for what is probably a very entry-level question... but does LightWave have some way of adding an EdgeLoop in modeler ?

I see how the add-edge feature works but this seems like it would be real time consuming to add an entire loop..:help:

nickdigital
04-05-2012, 02:44 PM
I use Bandsaw Pro a lot.

TrueArt's SwiftEdgeLoop is a good tool too.
http://www.trueart.pl/?URIType=Directory&URI=Products/Plug-Ins/SwiftEdgeLoop

michaeldejong
04-05-2012, 02:49 PM
Thank You! :)

Skonk
04-05-2012, 04:03 PM
Bandsaw Pro is the main one as has already been suggested, it gives you full control of where it splits and can make multiple cuts.

If you just want to quickly add an edge loop right down the middle of a loop of polygons then you can also just select 2 polys (to give it the loop direction), hit Right Cursor (to select Loop) and then hit l (lower case L) to "connect" them (no idea why the tool is called connect, but it just splits the selected poly loop into 2).

If you dont have bandsaw assigned to a shortcut then I find the method above is quicker for simple stuff.

Silkrooster
04-08-2012, 12:39 AM
If you just want to quickly add an edge loop right down the middle of a loop of polygons then you can also just select 2 polys (to give it the loop direction), hit Right Cursor (to select Loop) and then hit l (lower case L) to "connect" them (no idea why the tool is called connect, but it just splits the selected poly loop into 2).

I find myself using this method quite often, especially now that the right arrow is assigned to select loop. BTW select loop works on points, edges and polys.