PDA

View Full Version : Desktop Menu Bug

BBS-TV
10-22-2003, 11:03 AM
Is anyone else having problems with VT3's desktop menu suddenly appearing behind all the modules? Is there an easier way to correct this than resetting all configs?

RomainR
10-22-2003, 12:26 PM
Had this pop on me the other day. I got rid of it by recaling a stored desktop. If you haven't stored any desktop just rightclick on the numbers and choose blank. Then rebuild your desktop and then store it by rightclicking on the numbers.

SBowie
10-26-2003, 06:18 AM
I have also found that rather than resetting the configs, I can simply close and then re-open the individual modules that were hiding the menu. After that they work normally again -- until the next time :)

Patrick Strenk
10-26-2003, 08:27 AM
You can fix this by running the "Ooops I messed up my config.bat" file in the VT3 directory.

Patrick Strenk
Visual OutPost

SBowie
10-26-2003, 09:05 AM
Originally posted by Patrick Strenk
You can fix this by running the "Ooops I messed up my config.bat" file in the VT3 directory.

Yep, but I'd rather simply close and re-open a couple modules (on my system, typically 2 T-Visions, a DDR and VT-Edit than have to reset them *all* ... particularly the Switcher, Deck Control, and so on. :)

bradl
10-26-2003, 02:12 PM
Check your "Always on Top" settings for modules with a right click on the module tile at the very top...

SBowie
10-26-2003, 06:56 PM
Yeah, thought of that Brad, but that's not it. Don't know what causes it, really, but I've seen it a number of times, seemingly at random. I trashed the configs the first few times myself after everything else seemed to fail, then found it wasn't necessary. Simply cycling the modules restored normal usage.