PDA

View Full Version : Total n00b question about iVGA

Spacebacon
04-05-2012, 10:33 AM
We get the occasional request to line a laptop into our Tricaster for running PowerPoint or slideshows.

I know that iVGA is the ideal way to do this, but I haven't found any walkthroughs/tutorials on how to set this up. Is it as simple as connecting the ethernet cable to the laptop and selecting it as a Network input on the Tricaster, or is there software that needs to be installed on the laptop?

SBowie
04-05-2012, 11:05 AM
Not to nag (really!), but there's an entire chapter on Network Source in the manual, with extensive notes on using iVGA. That said, it's quite easy, and yes you do need to run the iVGA client app (though it can actually be run from a thumbdrive if required.)

Spacebacon
04-05-2012, 11:58 AM
I don't suppose there is a separate manual for the CS and the TCXD850 itself, is there? Because that might explain why none of these things ever appear to be in the manual.

( I was only given the "TCXD850 CS" manual with the installation of the new Tricaster).

Lee-AVP
04-05-2012, 12:07 PM
Yup, there is. But, never fear. A miracle has happened!

http://newtek.com/support/documentation.html

SBowie
04-05-2012, 12:33 PM
( I was only given the "TCXD850 CS" manual with the installation of the new Tricaster).Actually, all manuals relevant to a given TriCaster are on its hard drive at any given time. Check the Help menu in Startup. (You can also view the very latest versions on your mobile devices using the QR codes shown in various places in the Ui.)

Spacebacon
04-05-2012, 01:11 PM
I will celebrate this moment with gross amounts of ham and chocolate this weekend. Thanks, guys!