PDA

View Full Version : Archviz movie

roger1972
04-03-2012, 03:54 AM
Hi!
I made a short video for a new project in norway. productiontime 3 weeks.
Kray for all interiors, Lightwave for all exteriors...

http://vimeo.com/38436637

biliousfrog
04-03-2012, 04:38 AM
Very nice, I liked the sound design too.

The only thing which I didn't like so much was the orange glow from the building, it looked like it was on fire. I would have expected something much cooler form the interior lighting, like a blue/green.

Lewis
04-03-2012, 05:31 AM
Looks very good, how was rendertimes per frame for Kray interiors ? any renderfarms used?

And what did you use for car light trails ?

roger1972
04-03-2012, 05:44 AM
Looks very good, how was rendertimes per frame for Kray interiors ? any renderfarms used?

And what did you use for car light trails ?

I used a small farm about 30 cores renderingpower. butterflynetrender

the rendertimes was:
15-20 mins on an old dualcore
5-7 mins. on an I7
10-12 mins on a quadcore

on the cartrails I used UV-mapped roads, running UVcycler.

Lewis
04-03-2012, 05:48 AM
the rendertimes was:
15-20 mins on an old dualcore
5-7 mins. on an I7
10-12 mins on a quadcore

That's pretty fast for that resolution quality, can you compare rendertime/frame with LW native GI and Kray for some interior frames ? I have very long rendertimes with 3-4 bounces and lot of lights for interiors in LW so maybe if Kray is so much faster i could consider it for my IES projects.

Thanks

on the cartrails I used UV-mapped roads, running UVcycler.

Hmm i'll need to examine that then, i didn't heard of that technique yet , thanks :).

roger1972
04-03-2012, 06:31 AM
That's pretty fast for that resolution quality, can you compare rendertime/frame with LW native GI and Kray for some interior frames ? I have very long rendertimes with 3-4 bounces and lot of lights for interiors in LW so maybe if Kray is so much faster i could consider it for my IES projects.

Thanks

Hmm i'll need to examine that then, i didn't heard of that technique yet , thanks :).

When it comes to rendering interiors, I get faster renderings and a lot higher quality when rendering in kray. the only problem is that Kray keeps on crashing my rendernodes so I have to restart them. Maybe there's a problem with my setup.

If you're going to render interiors fast, kray is the answer.

DrStrik9
04-03-2012, 09:51 AM
I really like this. Great work. I also liked the restrained character of the sound.

3dworks
04-03-2012, 09:53 AM
very nice work, compliments! apart of the visual quality i also liked the soundtrack and the sound design!

btw, nice example how archviz can also work without showing (ugly) people in buildings ;)

may i ask how many people were involved into the production? in any case, 3 weeks is a very good time for this quality...

cheers

markus

roger1972
04-03-2012, 01:46 PM
very nice work, compliments! apart of the visual quality i also liked the soundtrack and the sound design!

btw, nice example how archviz can also work without showing (ugly) people in buildings ;)

may i ask how many people were involved into the production? in any case, 3 weeks is a very good time for this quality...

cheers

markus

Everything was made by me. It was 3 tough weeks... I admit that...

If you have to put people in, it should be live footage. Viz-people don't work for me :-)