PDA

View Full Version : Fibermesh to FiberFX workflow solved!

akademus
04-03-2012, 01:43 AM
Hi boys and girls,
ok, I got the new awesome Zbrush Fibermesh yo work with FiberFX properly.

Exporting curves from Zbrush FiberMesh and running it through strandmaker doesn't really solve the problem as it returns some errors. Instead, I exported geometry with Fiber UV map, used Boris Goreta idea to delete one side using UVs, ran it through Multiply Poly Chains to Curves (http://www.clintons3d.com/plugins/lightwave/index.html) plugin and then ran Strand maker in modeler and it returned correct results.

Here is workflow step by step.

1. Create your Fibermesh in Zbrush. Click Accept, switch to fiber subtool, go to UV map and click FiberUV to make UV from fibers. GoZ to LW.

2. and 3. Showing errors when exporting curves directly from FiberMesh and importing those to Modeler and running StrandMaker. It seems that StrandMaker connects last point of the curve back to first.

4. Select one side in the UV panel and delete polygons. (Thanks Boris!)

5. Select root point, but the next layer in Background and run Multiple Poly Chains to Curves (http://www.clintons3d.com/plugins/lightwave/index.html) plugin. Be sure to have Poly Chain to Curve script from the same page installed as the multi one seems to be calling this other one, but multiple times. Go make a coffee, as its going to take couple of minutes.

6. Run StrandMaker.

7. Yay. It works!

I put the assets as well.

Sarford
04-03-2012, 05:58 AM
Ehhh, you have to export the curves in FAST-PREVIEW-mode in Zbrush, then it will export the curves nicley, run strandmaker on them and use in FFX. With the slider next to it you can decide the amount of exported curves.

akademus
04-03-2012, 07:01 AM
That didn't really worked for me. Whether Fast Preview is on or off I still get closed polygons in Modeler...

rcallicotte
04-03-2012, 07:24 AM
Thanks for such clear directions. I can't wait to try these.

Sarford
04-03-2012, 08:08 AM
That didn't really worked for me. Whether Fast Preview is on or off I still get closed polygons in Modeler...

How many sides are your strands in Zbrush?

UnCommonGrafx
04-03-2012, 08:56 AM
Too much work.
Curves to modeler.
Strandmaker.
Done.

It has worked every time for me.

akademus
04-03-2012, 09:01 AM
How many sides are your strands in Zbrush?

Four...

lino.grandi
04-03-2012, 10:38 AM
A video is coming about this. ;)

akademus
04-03-2012, 10:45 AM
A video is coming about this. ;)

Now that's a good news!

rcallicotte
04-03-2012, 11:19 AM
Ohhhh.

a video is coming about this. ;)

Darth Mole
04-03-2012, 11:23 AM
How about just making Go Z so it works with fibres?

lino.grandi
04-03-2012, 11:51 AM
How about just making Go Z so it works with fibres?

Well....somehow it does already. Not with guides at the moment, but a FiberMesh Subtool can be imported in LightWave directly using GoZ.

We're working on making ZBrush and LightWave always more "friends".

More than friends! ;)

mav3rick
04-03-2012, 12:16 PM
marry zb... have kids and let em live grow with lw...