PDA

View Full Version : Freeze the scene?

Ricky Bobby
04-02-2012, 07:48 PM
Hi everyone, I'm currently animating a bullet shooting through a glass object. When the pieces are all fractured and flying through the air, I want to freeze all of the pieces in place and fly the camera through them. Pretty simple I'm sure, but I'm not quite sure how to do it. Any advice is appreciated!
Thanks everyone!

:help:

ShadowMystic
04-02-2012, 08:15 PM
Timewarp motion modifier on the camera.

Greenlaw
04-02-2012, 11:57 PM
You can do this using the Time Scale envelope in Bullet's World panel. Just open the envelope and set a keyframe at any frame before the one where you want the freeze to occur. Set this to 100% and set the Incoming Curve to Stepped. Now make a second keyframe on the frame where Bullet will 'freeze'; set this to 0% and set the Incoming Curve to Stepped. Now Bullet will appear to freeze when it reaches that frame.

If you want to ease into the freeze effect, use TCB or one of the other smooth curves in place of Stepped.

Hope this helps.

G.

Greenlaw
04-03-2012, 12:05 AM
...and if you want to have some fun with your breaking glass, let the curve dip into negative numbers. :)

G.

Ricky Bobby
04-03-2012, 12:42 AM
You can do this using the Time Scale envelope in Bullet's World panel. Just open the envelope and set a keyframe at any frame before the one where you want the freeze to occur. Set this to 100% and set the Incoming Curve to Stepped. Now make a second keyframe on the frame where Bullet will 'freeze'; set this to 0% and set the Incoming Curve to Stepped. Now Bullet will appear to freeze when it reaches that frame.

If you want to ease into the freeze effect, use TCB or one of the other smooth curves in place of Stepped.

Hope this helps.

G.

Thank you! This is exactly what I was looking for! I'm playing with all of the options now :bday:
The slow down effect right before the freeze really tops it off. Thanks again!!

Greenlaw
04-03-2012, 01:29 AM
Glad to help. Have fun!