PDA

View Full Version : Animating over video footage - PLEASE HELP ME!

Bonstar
03-02-2003, 09:55 PM
I'm studying graphic design/multimedia at Ballarat University, and I need to do a multimedia piece with this little guy that I've made in Lightwave. I have some video footage, but I don't know how to use the footage in layout to animate to... can anyone please help me?

Sam_Horton
03-02-2003, 11:03 PM
You can actually load a movie or an image sequence into the background of layout.

First go to the compositing panel (ctrl+F7) then load in a movie or image sequence into the "background image" I used a quicktime movie and it worked fine.

the next thing to do is to tell layout to display the proper background. Under "display options-->camera view" set the "camera view background" to "background image".

This will render the movie into the background in real-time and you'll be able to sync up your animations to it.

good luck!

Whylee
03-05-2003, 12:13 PM
Don't forget that if you're using an image sequence verses a movie file (avi, quicktime) you'll also have to tell LightWave that your image is part of a sequence and not a still. You can do this in the Image Editor by changing the "Image Type" off of the default "Still" setting.

Freak
03-05-2003, 03:29 PM
Their is a good chance that LW will not like the avi file
and you will need to convert it to an image sequence.

You will need After FX or some free utils to convert it.

Bonstar
03-07-2003, 03:57 AM
Thanks a heap guys! That helps a million! I think that I actually know what I'm doing now!:D